Bars For 'street' Trials

bEavoLa

i was just wondering what bars you guys that ride exclusively 'street/urban' trails use?

i've got a pair of Azonic Worldforce bars (2" rise) that i was going to use for my rig, but the angle of upsweep seems a bit much, so i may have to buy alternative bars...

here are the bars in question:

IPB Image

i like the bars to be 25.4mm thick, quite high (2" rise) and not stupid wide (as i like to throw x-ups into my riding) so i guess i was looking for something like:

IPB Image

as Easton was the first name that sprung to mind - and sadly, the most expensive!

so before i go looking through millions of websites and bars, do you have any suggestions for high-rise/low upsweep bars?

many thanks

Planet-X Goliath bars, 27" Wide, 2" rise, 25.4 clamp.

Can get some of ebay for about £6 :P

3mm thick material, very very strong. I ran some for about 6 months, they dont even scratch easily. awesome.

dude, do you have a pic of those bars taken from directly in front? the only pics i can find are PlanetXs own pics of 'half the bar' and i'd prefer to see one actually on a bike.

many thanks

i'd say...having tried most :

azonic DWs are the best shape/feel/comfort ever BUT pretty weak

easton ea70s (or most eastons) are the best. closest shape to DWs...and much stronger. especially if you get the 31.8mm version / with stem.

i snapped DWs in about 2 months one time. boo

ive used both eastons and azonics, azonics are ubbbber lush (got some 2.5rise on my onza zoot) but ive heard loads of stories of them busting, im yet to snap some though :)

eastons are well strong, and feel pretty good, i would of rather run the standard clamp than oversize on my bike though as its just so stiff, unlike my azonics which are really forgiving (Y) another reason i got azonics is for that extra half inch rise as easton only went up to 2inch, makes alot of difference on my bike

easton ea70s (or most eastons) are the best. closest shape to DWs...and much stronger. especially if you get the 31.8mm version / with stem.

^^ Monkey bars...only way forward!

Got 1.5" rise ones on my lesbon, feel soooo nice and they have a good sweep on them too. They are pretty pricey though is the only downside :(

But that shouldnt matter, cos you'll never be sorry if you buy them!

Edited by MadChikken

thanks a lot for that Christian! those bars look fantastic!

i live in the Lower48, so i'd be ordering them from your distributor in Canada, but i can't seem to find any prices for them in their catalogue - what's the retail on those McSkinny bars?

many thanks

Edited by bEavoLa