One Off Indoor Competition

Rich Pearson

I'm thinking James may be referring to a certain European fella. Rides a fluorescent yellow bike. Name starts with 'O' and ends in 'hler...'

Oh yeah, and Phill Williams....

Rich

Yes you DEFINATELY need a licence.

Rich

lol it was a guess between Porter taking the piss out of me again or an actualy superstar coming.

PLEASE NOTE: DATE OF COMP PUT OFF UNTIL 9TH OF DECEMBER.

I take it you've been on the phone to beard then Rich, first i'd heard of the date change :P

Guess I better start sending some entry forms out.

ACU license forms can be printed off the ACU website, fill the form in and bring it on the day (Y)

would it not be a better idea to set the date for early next year, so everyone applying for ACU licences will have an actual use for them, rather than just one or two days, they could have a whole years worth.

I have a licence, im just wondering for the others.

We're not doing this for people's conveinience of buying a licence, although if there are so many people who are ready to buy a licence for just one event of this nature then my faith in the trials world is greatly diminished as there are so many other amazing comps run almost weekly throughout the year that people SHOULD be attending.

I do not know if this date is set in stone, but it is the best estimate we can give. Expect for the actual date to be fully 100% confirmed at least a month in advance of the actual comp, but all good things permitting, I see no reason why this comp should not go on for the 9th.

And for the love of God, if you need a licence, TALK TO THE PEOPLE THAT HAND THE DAMN THINGS OUT!

www.biketrialuk.co.uk

Rich

but wont people also have to join an acu affiliated club to get an acu licence? thats the reason i didnt enter the last british round as i didnt want to join a club at the end of the season :(

whats the problem there though? You join the south west club (which Im doing, I live in north wales) use the priviliges for the comp, and then if you need to use the license again, simply say you're from the south west club :S

but the licence and club membership will run out at the end of this year and there are only 2 ebtc trials left this year and id only be able to get to one of them.

Licence to West of England MC (south west club as it was called above :P ) Is 100% free so no problem there.

As for the having to get an ACU licence, 80% of the riders we expect to have will be riders who attend the British Championship who all have acu licenses already.

Anyone who doesn't have one will have to if they want to ride.

As Rich said the date is not set in stone, myself and Andrei will be having a meeting next week along with the venue manager. Expect a fell press release with entry form and full information late next week.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

7.2.50 Touching the ground or the obstacle with a hand that does not hold the handlebars (5 Points)

you guys got other hands that dont hold your handlebars? :blink:

just remember guys, whatever you do, do NOT put your third hand onto an obstacle, immediate disqualification from that section!

7.2.50 Touching the ground or the obstacle with a hand that does not hold the handlebars (5 Points)

you guys got other hands that dont hold your handlebars? :blink:

just remember guys, whatever you do, do NOT put your third hand onto an obstacle, immediate disqualification from that section!

Ever ridden a comp? :)