Remember When?

Al_Fel

Bahh...having you feet on the top of your forks was where it was at :P

pics and shiz

nah...one footer one handed, take cap off and put it back on endo...

[attachmentid=8333]

one of my mates bike I used to ride with, could it be any better

Frame - DMR Trailstar

Fork - Tange Cromo

F Wheel - LX 98 Hub on Mavic D521 Rim (Silver), 32 Spoke

R Wheel - 98 LX 8 Speed Hub on Mavic D521 Rim (Silver), 32 Spoke

Bar - Azonic

Stem - Kore Lite

Brakes - Magura Racelind DH

Cranks - Powerpros DMR ring thing

Tires - Tioga DH 2.1

R Mech - 99 LX

Shifter - Gripshift Centara

Seat - Club Roost Dude

BB - UN52

Seatpost - Kalloy

Headset - Tange

Grips - Sachs Wavey

[attachmentid=8334]

post-683-1164367239_thumb.jpg

post-683-1164367337_thumb.jpg

Haha so true. I remember an old MBUK article with some trials in, someone in a silver azonic DS1 with black fatty R's and red maguras. I adored that bike!

That may have been the Reading v Newbury article...

everyone had 521 rear rims, non of these super fat modern jobbies
521's were the bomb!!

bashguard.com

trialsworks.com

Everyone dreamed of having a Cannondale Ashton

Hey, and London Trials! And yes, the Cannondale, but I only ever wanted the proper one that Ashton/Lance/Tibo had - not the crappy 'replica'...

groups.yahoo.com/groups/modandstocktrialsriding

Oh my f**king god, I remember having one of those Bush internet boxes for the TV (before we had a PC) and looking at the group on it, it was about the only website I could get any use of as the damn thing never played videos or any of that crap....

A steel DMR sidekick was 'trials specific'

When EVERYONE had raceline yellow maguras.

When you could still actually do wheelies because you had a seat high enough that you didnt rub your arse on the wheel.

(for people near bedford/luton/dunstable) When attitude cycles was still open!

I remember when I was getting into trials the original mission jumpin jack had just came out but had 'sold out' in my local shop, I ended up getting a Giant Boulder ALU 14" frame and throwing some rigid GT forks on it. After that I got a mission trials pro, one of the very first frames mission brought out, I really liked that frame and would love to get a go on it today but i hear it's been snaped since i got rid of it....

I also had D521 CD rims on Deore hubs, absolute bargain wheelset from CRC at the time and no-one gave a f**k about how many engagement's or the quality of the hub!

• Like 1

there werent trials bikes readily available and we took xc bikes put rigid forks on em and hopped up and down without going anywhere!! :-

online shops didnt exist... let alone a world of internet users where we can share info and help out each other (Y)

*my fave remember when... * When bikes had seats and were short...

I even remember MBUK sayin "the pashley wuz longer then we expected but thats ok for the taller riders"

trials wuz all drop offs and bunnyhops

drooling over kraus's heavy tools, jj's 1st gen crescent, lenoskys black n gold schwinn, and elgato tyres were everywhere!!

videos came out on tapes... Not Dvds, not online, not for free...

trials specific wuz a term unheard of... there were no trials specific cranks, rims, bashguards, frames etc

tar wuz popular!... so too wuz biketrials.com

and finally after 11years of riding trials... remember when i had the balls to do some big(ish!) moves... funny thing is.. Stil get the same enjoyment, thril and goodtimes as i always have.

:rolleyes: great topic... keep em coming...!

Edited by streetjibs

hahaha wicked thread!!

Brantgateâ„¢ where Brant from PX got pissy and refused to sell Zebdi's anymore cos we were twats on the forum.

i remember that!! was a massive argument.

remember when dave from tk's gf had a right go and danny holroyd for being a loser lol.

check our oldschool site out, gaps on an xc bike! lol

when it was cool to have a name for your 'team'

haha!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

echo es2!

Edited by James

Old skool

You want old skool!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The Azonic is my jump/street/anything bike.

And the cannondale is my dads bike.

Remember when they were the BEST 26" "trials" bikes about haha

90% of the parts on those bikes were used on my dads old trials bikes :)

Scott

btw. soz if the pics are a tad big :ermm:

Edited by Scotty Evil1

Checking trials kings every week to see fi they had mroe 10 second clips

Sidehop over a tennis court net :o F'Kin emmense.

Hahaha I once email danny telling him that i had put TK's clips together and made it into a video for him, Hahaha Must have been....12 :lol: Before i even rode trials but was obsessed with it :P BTW, The video was really OTT editing done with WMM with all the colour changing clips etc.... :lol:

When i saw a Koxx Level boss in an MBUK magazine, 2001-2, That was my dream bike and nothing was going to stop me having it in the future. B)

EDIT: If i set my old computer back up thats in the conservatory i would still have lots of the TK'S videos on it :o:lol:

Edited by T-MAGura

Crud catchers were a must have accessory (as well as DCD but think thats already been mentioned?)

The MBUK Urban tour. At the Milton Keynes one I always remember Ashton pulling off a 360 rear wheel pivot and the commentator saying how it was a new trick that had never been pulled before!

Ian Cooper was one of the top riders in the UK (and you cant forget his titanium Raleigh)

Rich Johnson riding on loads of knackered old cars in a scrap yard, in MBUK.

Every little move had to have a name and they varied depending on which area you were from. The Americans had all kind of crazy names. Japslapping, zaptaps. Grrr cant remember many. I'm sure someone else can help me out?

The twisted stoppie- how cool was that in T&S ?! and they actually taught the endo..... and the 'FULL' endo. :lol:

[attachmentid=8337]

Bashguards actually got used :o digital cameras however.....

[attachmentid=8336]

the first of many DMR sidekick 'Trials' builds knocked out by X-street. complete with taboo forks

[attachmentid=8335]

shaun of X-streets Cannondale. 32t bashguard! union jack dcd.

[attachmentid=8338]

Frika and myself. The bashguard.com dynamic duo :lol:

post-24-1164375745_thumb.jpg

post-24-1164375792_thumb.jpg

post-24-1164375887_thumb.jpg

post-24-1164375904_thumb.jpg