! Maggie Marta Lever ! Help !

onzadude123

Hey, i've got a Magura Marta, was a gorgeous disc until i caught the lever on a bollard when i forgot the width of my riser bars (by the way, scaffolding on pavements should be banned :angry: ) so i've got a lovely snapped lever >_<

I've looked around a bit but i can't seem to find any info or levers that would fit for sure, anyone have any suggestions please feel free to write away

Cheers

Joel :rolleyes:

IPB Image

Edited by onzadude123

Sorry to say it but I really wouldn't be surprised if the lever was cracked there before you hit the bollard... you can see from the position of the 'arm' bits in the right hand side of the picture that they've been flexing and bent in towards each other. I ran a Marta back in 2001 and the same thing happened to mine then and they still haven't fixed the stupid design- it simply isn't strong enough for trials use IMO.

I read on OTN that guys in the US often replace the levers with Shimano units which could be a plan...

Dave

(Y) Cheers mate, and yeh i suspec there probably was but i love the feel of it too much to scrap the brake lol Thanks for you comments :D

Yeah but for the same price as the marta lever blade you could replace the entire lever with a Shimano complete lever! It seems to be the way some American guys have gone to produce a fantastic brake rather than an excellent one!!

Dave

EDIT: Found something online about the mod I mentioned... here

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

Yeah but for the same price as the marta lever blade you could replace the entire lever with a Shimano complete lever! It seems to be the way some American guys have gone to produce a fantastic brake rather than an excellent one!!

Dave

EDIT: Found something online about the mod I mentioned... here

Aha ! (Y) cheers boss, i'l deffinately look into a Shimano or equally strong lever boby, thanks for all your help :D