New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

Some of the comments on here leave me breathless. Do you seriously think on a project like this with close co operation from some of the UKs top World Class riders that we would just bang in a few random plates here and there. Every aspect of the frame has been studied seriously and modifications made accordingly and with good reason.

Yes i do, from what i here u tend not to listen to your riders to much or what they have to say. And if u don’t like a bit of constructive criticism then don’t post on a world wide forum (fanny). I had one of your first frames and I thought it was very week and made quite poorly. Hope the new one is an improvement…

Ive always liked the Limey but this one just doesnt live up to the old one, this one is a rather ugly brute, whereas the last one was a beautiful looking frame.

I suppose you've had to sacrifice to get it stiffer and if its a lot stiffer as you say it is then its a worthy sacrifice.

Yes i do, from what i here u tend not to listen to your riders to much or what they have to say. And if u don't like a bit of constructive criticism then don't post on a world wide forum (fanny). I had one of your first frames and I thought it was very week and made quite poorly. Hope the new one is an improvement…

:ermm: Easy on the critisism. They deserve the right to post a picture and information on a frame that many people including myself have been waiting a long time to see realy,

Looks great, makes me wish I rode stock :)

Edited by tom-trials

:ermm: Easy on the critisism. They deserve the right to post a picture and information on a frame that many people including myself have been waiting a long time to see realy,

Looks great, makes me wish I rode stock :)

Indeed mate there are but then they get all upset when people say that they dont like it... Cant please everyone. And as my limey died in like 3months cant say i would even look at getting another one, even with the shit upgrades they have done... But we will have to see how theses ones go i guess.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Jan 6 2007, 06:50 PM)
Looks like something Spiderman, or any other superhero, would ride. Looks dead stiff (no punn intended) too (Y) . Nice work...

Cheers,

Joe.

yea man super DAN

the frame is very nice in the flesh, as for the small extra plate this was the only area that we had not worked on before and found that little extra was to be what we were looking for.

Danny thinks this is now the most rigid frame made for his riding style.

The original Limey had that same mount, certainly wouldn't recommend it for trials use!

Will have a look in the flesh today and see what I think...

Adam

This frame is the latest incarnation of a two year development programme involving several prototypes, an initial Production frame and now this second Production frame. Some of the comments on here leave me breathless. Do you seriously think on a project like this with close co operation from some of the UKs top World Class riders that we would just bang in a few random plates here and there. Every aspect of the frame has been studied seriously and modifications made accordingly and with good reason. The programme will continue and I am sure this will not be the last incarnation. I must admit, we have not seriously considered rear disc mounts yet but I am sure they will come under the spotlight eventually. The colour is far from bland although not shown in its best light on the pictures. I think it is one of the best colours we have ever produced. Finally the name Limey refers to its English heritage (American slang for an Englishman). Hence the Union Jack in the graphics. It has nothing to do with Citrus fruits or colours.

so your whole heartedly agreeing that your sending out a frame with potentially dangerous brake mounts, good work, so how many mounts failing and injuring riders until it comes under the spot light???? f**king hell

A standard disc mount will never be up to trials. There's hundreds of frames out there with standard disc mounts, I don't see why there should be a fuss about this particular one? In that case, every 26" trials frame except the KOT MS2, BT 7.0, MBK T1000 and Simtra ST-1 has a 'potentially dangerous brake mount' as you put it.

I see... sorted (Y)

edit: but the placement of the mount will affect the strength will it not?

Yes, it will, but all the frames I mentioned have the mount designed specifically with disc use in mind... check out any other trials frame with a standard dropout and you'll see that none of the mounts are significantly tougher than that on the Limey.

yer, chill out, the dropuots on all trials frames are just factory "off the shelf" dropouts, so most of them have a disc mount.

untill very recently it would not have been herdof to use a disc on the back, its only recent advances in brake technoligy thats made it possible. and so in good time i would think that the disc mounts will be bought up to speed.

i have rode dans bike and it is the most stiff frame ever, it has very little flex, much stronger than the limey one that i currently have.

dont jump to conclusions about the whole frame because of a disc mount, that realy if you ride to a good enuf level to warrent buying a limey, you would have to be pretty mad to use a rear disc, rim brakes are far far better at this moment in time! for 26" wheel any how.

rob.

Good to see that Danny's built his. And it looks so pretty, too.... The Duel pictured is the second version, the first having proved a bit too flexy for Rob Poyser (after about 30 seconds) :rolleyes:

A few more items for you to get your teeth into.

All of the following are either new, recent or have been out of stock for a while.

The mech savers are back in stock. We now have a single speed kit and chain tensioner although the single speed kit was more for dirt jump, for the price it might be worth trying.

Something new and almost unmentioned are the two headsets: the Onza Mongo III (yes, there have been a Mongo and a Mongo II although quite a while ago) and the Tensile Ace headset which is available to pre-order at Super Cycles (it'll be with us in about three weeks). The sealed bearings are of interest. The bearings are ceramic and the rings they spin in are titanium nitrided. This is the process that gives drill bits that sort of golden colour, making the steel extremely hard and reducing the friction. Interference fit means they won't fall out, but means there won't be any sloppiness in the feel. Danny Butler has one for testing currently.

Everyone has already heard of the Tensile offset mounts and the Tensile four bolt booster. The booster, rear mech and tensioner will be in stock in a couple of days at Aire Valley Cycles.

The pictures are all here for now. I'll put them in this post tomorrow.

All the products mentioned are available at Super Cycles right now.

When are we going to be expecting te vee adapters, ie the ones which come on the t-pros? I have a set i got off a guy putting mags on his bike, and i can safely say i recon they will be VERY popular, i am extremly happy with mine (Y)

Adam

onza_chain_tensioner_3.jpglarge_gussettensioner.jpg

How on earth can Onza call that new, the Gusset Bachelor is exactaly the same, all onza have done it put there name on there. I've seen this with a few other products on the market. Is the not copywirte laws that stop this. IMO they should look at a new design as that one isnt perfect. They have the people to make it better, but they just don't!! :angry: RANTOVER

I see what you mean..

But that's like saying:

large_citruspads.jpg

large_rockblue.jpg

large_bloxxred.jpg

...They're all the same, but different colours. :turned:

but they arn't, a certain amount of research has gone into finding a rubber supplier at least, one set of them is moulded while the other set seem to be hand cut, there are loads of differances there.

Those boosters and tensioner are exactley the same product just with differant badges....