New Products From Tensile

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

Mike, Mr Poyzer has said that they only have black for now as that's what they sell most of, and maybe some other colours in future. I would expect there to be some new stuff in the mill as the topic title hints.

Just thought I'd add my tuppence, I have been dealing with the Poyzer group since forever, I have had nothing but courteous polite service from them, they always make good on their warranties or half price replacement. In 4 years I cannot think of a single bad experience. They know how to make stuff that works, they charge reasonable amounts for it and they will have more of my business in future.

Also the whole keeping secret malarky, how would you feel if some kid bashes in his downtube, on a comp oriented bike, cracks it, puts it on a public forum and says your product is shit, I for one would not say he deserved a replacement at all...

Dave

EDIT Spelling

Edited by div

bought one last week from Supercycles, and boy is this thing light. a bit worried about the headset cups not fitting deep enough into my Adamant A1 headtube and preventing ovalization. oh well, too late to start worrying about it now as ive bought it and may as well use it.

bought one last week from Supercycles, and boy is this thing light. a bit worried about the headset cups not fitting deep enough into my Adamant A1 headtube and preventing ovalization. oh well, too late to start worrying about it now as ive bought it and may as well use it.

Owned.

Haha, nice. Although in fairness, if he came from an FSA Pig or something, it'd seem like the Tensile had a relatively shallow lower cup compared to it. It's either the Pig or the Pig DH Pro, but yeah, one of them has pretty much got a steerer tube's worth of lower cup...

OK. In fairness, I hadn't thought of that :$, so it was overreacting.

I thought I'd better demonstrate it was enough.

Sorry Rusevelt.

Dont sweat it, just an oversight on the R&D front. im sure that when you guys develop the 2nd generation tensile headset, the headset cups will be high as the ChrisKing steelset that press a full inch into the headtube, that would be the perfect funtional trials headset. guess we all just gonna have to watch this space!

Deep cups are a feature as you say only usually found in s/steel headsets, ie. Chris King, FSA Pig Pro S/S where the deep cup is an advantage. The huge extra strength of stainless steel over its alloy head tube does decrease the possibility of "belling" the head tube. With alloy cups however it is not such a factor as the extra length can easily deform itself and still allow the belling. We feel that that is the "optimum" length as used by ourselves and Chris King. Trials riders will not buy the S/S headsets because of the weight. You can always buy a Limey frame with its S/S rings to prevent belling.

• 10 months later...

Here Is the New Tensile Chain Tensioner,

After Years of development the very first production model has arrived in the UK. The rest should be here in about 3 weeks.

Spec:

Sealed bearing CNC jockey wheels in anodized gold,

Extra high tension steel spring,

Super light weight at approx 100g,

CNC machine body,

Fine adjustment for chain line.

RRP £29.99

Edited by Joe@Onza

Here Is the New Tensile Chain Tensioner,

After Years of development the very first production model has arrived in the UK. The rest should be here in about 3 weeks.

Spec:

Sealed bearing CNC jockey wheels in anodized gold,

Extra high tension steel spring,

Super light weight at approx 100g,

CNC machine body,

Fine adjustment for chain line.

RRP £29.99

Ooo That is fit !!

Looks good (Y) but how will it handle knocks and bumps of modern trials riding? :- could do with cnc designed bashplate cover over it or something. mind you when i last used a stock bike, i just modified my shimano sora mech by removing the spring not only does it work, but the sora body has proved strong enough to handle years of knocks. this product looks pimp but not bombproof in design. has any test trials pilots put it through its paces?