Not Just Another Trials Park, The Uks Best!

Ali C

only ever seen 2 people shooting rabbits and a couple of dog walkers, its on the moors with no lights or anything, its not shomwhere chavs go.

Its going to be unmanned, so paying for stuff like parking might be difficult, I'll ask about it though.

Awesome!

I assumed this would be the case, but just checking :P

Oh also Ali, need to get you some money for pads - I'll try and do it later but may be a touch tied down with riding :P

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Feb 24 2007, 12:51 PM)
Really does sound amazing :D ! It is going to be a bit far for me but i'll, somehow, find a way to get my self there :P .

Cheers,

Joe.

aint that far joe, its only an hour from me and your only an hour south, (i think) :unsure: Anyway it aint far.

Damn my Knowledge of areas.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Feb 24 2007, 07:25 PM)
Two hours? Thats quite far, mate; you gotta think, i haven't got a car.

Cheers,

Joe.

I should be driving soon, and if people get the train to a nearby station ( todmorden, walsden, littleborough) id be willing to pick people up and take them up for a days riding.

alsiter do it!

this could be the best thing to happen for the sport in a long time!

if you need any help support i am in for sure mate! really like the sound of the idea!

those pics of the spanish place should be good for ideas!

awsome !!!!!!! :)

cheers

The quarry is all ready amazing to ride! One of the best place round here. So to add loads of pipes, concrete blocks and street/uci big style stuff would make it a proper trials heaven. Imagine that spanish trials park plonked right in the middle of loads of awesome natural? That would make one of the best places on earth to ride.

Ali, if you need any extra help, let me know (Y)

the pictures of the other trials parks are ideal, steal ideas from that (Y):) you have to cater for both natural and street and those others are ideal Ali.

you couldnt physically have someone enployed by the council to sit up there EVERY day to do nothing, its pointless, therefore people going up un manned i dont see as being an issue, if owt thats better it will probably attract the attention of mainly bikers, therefore the community up there would be pretty sound.

Waynio.........................

havnt asked yet, no doubt somthing will come about when the presintation is done, but as it is riding is encouraged up there, theres no disclamers or anything, so maybe they are sitting on a time bomb, but there must be somthing that can be done otherwise it wouldnt have gotten off the starting block.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, But I know haldon hill around here has disclamers at the start of each trail saying you ride at your own risk and to wear apropriate safety equipment. But I'm also pretty sure that they still have to pay insurance.

A good idea might be to do what they have done up there and have a membership fee, that although it doesnt give you any advantage up there, it gives you reduced prices in the nearest bike shop incase you break stuff, gives you a reduced cost parking permit, some free stickers and some money off a few clothing companys. Definatly worth joining, and gets them some income to put towards the trails, and seems to pay towards the insurance. They also sell Tee Shirts and Hoodies to get some money.

Might be worth asking around some local shops to maybe try and sort out some sort of similar deal, and could show the council that your really up for making it cost less for them, which is always gunna go down well.

There sites www.haldonfreeride.org if it helps atall, may be worth e-mailing them to chat about it.

I've just got back from Scotland riding XC and all the trails they have up there are unmanned. It's not really a problem, everyone pays the £2 for the car park even though they could easily get away with it. There's loads of trails with skills sections etc, it's only a little step further to have a full-blown trials section. Plus some of the downhills are really gnarly with big drops etc - very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing but no-one sues anyone :P There's just a warning sign at the top of any hard bits etc.

Sounds good Ali (Y)

Sounds awesome, i just hope it all gets done as im really trying not to be pessimistic here but i hear about loads of places that are apparently getting built but hearing this from you Ali gives me some confidence..

Will be amazing if it all gets done even if it is bloody miles away from me...

aaron.