New Client's Website

SebJT

Only checked it for 30 secs max and found that the little popup tag that appears if you hover the cursor "the cotton club site 1" is rather annoying to say the least.

Like i said, only a quick glance, not checked all the content yet but it looks to be a rather slick looking site.

Andy P

As it's a site that most people will only visit once or twice, I will overlook the stupid animated bits because they do look quite nice. If I was gonna use that site regularly, they're annoy the hell out of me. Especially the intro - There's no skip button either.

When the menu starts to disappears, you have to wait for it to go ALL the way in before it'll come back again, which is a bit annoying. In fact, perhaps the menu doesn't even really need to disappear like that?

The logo in the top left is a bit too classical and not in keeping with the rest of the site. Perhaps you could modify it slightly (E.g. change the font, or remove the under/overscores. Or get rid altogether?).

Overall though it looks really good. I like :)

If you hover over the menu while a new "page" is loading then move the cursor onto the black area before its finished loading the menu stays displayed, then hides when you move the mouse over it, then appears when you take it away and hides when you hover over it..... don't know how i found that out but i find it amusing :lol:

Looks sleek, smart and elegant though, which is what i'm guessing your target audience will be looking for. I even think the repetitive 80's synth jazz piece goes well with it without getting too irritating, something most web pages like to annoy me with.

Well done.

EDIT: The menu seems to work in reverse if you move the mouse onto it then move it off onto the balck background again before its finished sliding out.

Edited by Krisboats

Cheers for the comments Tomm!

I fully agree with what you have said, only problem is it's not my website and the end of the day it's my client's so he gets what he wants! I personnally can't stand flash websites but that is what they wanted.

I'll look into modifying the menu so that you don't have to wait.

As for the logo, that is there logo. I did modify it to make it fit better but they told me to change it back :rolleyes:

This guy has been the most demanding and difficult client i have ever dealt with! That's life I supose.

Seb

i actually really really really like that site and i have no clue why... the only thing i would ever do is switch the menu over to the right hand side instead of the left .. i kept trying to look at the pictures behind it whilst also browsing the menu. Dunno if i would still look as good.. Oh and maybe something to make the whole where to find the menu a bit easier but apart from that.. love the music lol

Id love to have a mess around with flash, do you need to use 'programming language' to edit a flash website or is there a type of 'drag the menu were you want it then right click to get it to do a sliding transaction' editor.

I love that website though, good work. How much do you get paid for that kind of thing, or is that a wee bit cheeky (if it is ignore that i said/asked it)

Cheers, Rorz!