Surface Piercings

The lemonade man

Has anyone on here had one? Looking to get one somewhere below my belly button but I've heard some peoples bodies reject it and the skin above it dies, leaving a nasty scar.

I've had a scaffold, cartilage and lip done before, so am familiar with the cleaning/healing processes but has anyone had/known any previous experience with them?

Has anyone on here had one? Looking to get one somewhere below my belly button but I've heard some peoples bodies reject it and the skin above it dies, leaving a nasty scar.

I've had a scaffold, cartilage and lip done before, so am familiar with the cleaning/healing processes but has anyone had/known any previous experience with them?

I have had 3 eybrows in one eyebrow at once, and they do grow out, as I understand that unless there is something between the surface of the skin or the bar (e.g. cartilage), then they will just grow out. Thats what happened to my eyebrow, and one of my mates nipples. That said I think the time it takes varies hugely, I have had one eyebrow grow out in about 6 months, and another stay in for nearly two years!, the one that grew out did leave a bit of a scar, but u cant see it behind the hair!

not done that but had my ear piercd and skin went funny and a huge lump apeard and had to have it removed lol.

I had my nape done twice.

Healed very quickly. Just make sure you dont catch it on anything and clean it every day for a month or so.

As for rejection it will only really happen if you irrertate it and play with it. Ive never had a problem with any of my piercings and i had 4.

Its probably not very painfull below your belly button but i could be wrong.

Pics

When it was done:

Pic011-1.jpg

When it got ripped :mellow: in the mosh pit:

Its a bit nasty - click here

after that healed:

Photo-0028-1.jpg

i have since take the bottom one out as the rip shrunk it and made it look crap :angry:

I've got two surface piercings.

Make sure you go to a piercer who's experienced in doing surface piercings, and uses metal surface bars. If they aren't experienced, or don't use proper bars, they will reject very quickly.

Pain isn't that bad getting them pierced, it's a weird piercing.

They are far more likely to reject than normal piercings, even with a good piercer and proper jewelery. I had a vertical tragus reject because they used plastic jewellery, and my horizontal eyebrow isn't looking too good because I got it caught on a few things which make it bleed a bit, then start to reject, then looks like it stopped again :S

The position your thinking of sounds a bit dodgy to me because I imagine you'll knock that or get it caught on your jeans.

Best bet is to go talk to whoever's gonna pierce you though.

Thanks guys :turned:

I've heard it's best to use the staple shaped bars, as it puts the least stress on the skin? And the piercer I use is a good reliable guy, so that side of it should be ok.

Dan Clark and Rocks370, do yours tend to get in the way at all? Where I want it should be just high enough not to get caught on belts/jeans so it should be ok, but does it restrict what you can do at all?

Mine don't get in the way at all, but forgetting you have them for a few seconds when drying yourself off after a shower and catching them with a towel = insta pain.

Definately use staple bars, nothing else.

Do that thing with your draw a grid on yourself then move about loads that the BME link said, sounds like a good idea.

I had my nape done twice.

Healed very quickly. Just make sure you dont catch it on anything and clean it every day for a month or so.

As for rejection it will only really happen if you irrertate it and play with it. Ive never had a problem with any of my piercings and i had 4.

Its probably not very painfull below your belly button but i could be wrong.

Pics

When it was done:

When it got ripped :mellow: in the mosh pit:

Its a bit nasty - click here

after that healed:

i have since take the bottom one out as the rip shrunk it and made it look crap :angry:

does it not try and pull though your skin when you bend down as the bar would push against your spine/neckbone?

that would feel soo wierd

• 8 months later...