Rb Levers

Jang

Right, I thought I would do this post as there seems to be alot on this at the moment, this will save alot of space, just like the CK FAQ thread has, well have fun :-

Seal Size, 8mm (P.S. Check my signature)

Bearing size 5/32

Edited by Class Team Trials

Right, I thought I would do this post as there seems to be alot on this at the moment, this will save alot of space, just like the CK FAQ thread has, well have fun  :-

Seal Size, 8mm (P.S. Check my signature)

Bearing size 5/32

Do you know when the disk Rb levers are coming out

Here is a pic

koxx-lever.jpg

and to quote differentbikes on the 29th of june 2003

£79 each

will be in "soon" in 10 days, when differentbikes.com is up again, well have more details and hopefuly thell be in

im just as exited as you about the RB levers, and looking at the track record, they are going to be beautiful.

they are just the same lever as the normal HS33 lever, with a bigger piston, to make it disc compatible

Hope this helps

Edited by Class Team Trials

whats with all this rb milarky loads of people are saying dont get them cuz there spungie and some are saying there not and there really good to get. its like a tenis game (back and forth) I am willing to pay that much but is it gd and if u have one are thay spungie.

its driving me crazy with confusion

They are very good, you just need to control the power, get carbon boosters, V and mag, you will be fine, then that extra power will go to the rim, not the frame.

Everyone says bleeding is hard, its real easy!! a little too easy infact :-

Rb boosters have a good rep...

If you use evolution adapters you can just get a random v-brake booster...

Longer bolts can be found at hardware stores... Get something made out of 12/9 steel.. they are black. 12/9 means they are a bit stronger than "normal" bolts...

Or go crazy and get Ti bolts :-

I personally love them, but at the mo ive got alot of flex so its really spongy, but you would think that because you have so much power that you cant modulate your brake very well, its the complete opposite. As its so comfy you can just use it all day without any problems

a bit off topic, but hey..

adam: how are the brake boosters you designed going? any news on design? you were going to see if forge could make them, correct? and now they cant 'cos they're not around anymore...

RB's are bollox :-

• 2 weeks later...

my rb is flexy,but when riding you dont notice it.I would personally go for one if you get the chance.I'm only running a normal carbonique 2 bolt booster.no vee booster,on my mad rep frame.its improved my braking immensly as im using standard black pads and its still awsome.in my opinion get one.

Carl

Guest Old_Skool_Trialser

Thing is, brake power can be very different... you know Elliot Firth, that guy that won Expert Nass at Bath? He runs red pads that are highly glazed and a dirty D521 rim.... His back brake is nasty, it just slips doing anything... for me.

He can pull his brake so hard however that its got enough power for him... Black pads, red pads, whatever... he makes any brake work.... I say learn to pull the lever harder!

RB levers get black pads to work

It's true. I use Koolstops with mine, but a friend uses an RB lever with Evo mounts, Standard maggie booster, back pads, no tar and no grind and the brake works just as well as mine with, an RB Lever, 4 bolt mounts, Koolstops, RB Booster, small amount of tar an a very light grind. Don't know how he does it though!