Tartybikes Raffle - Winner Announced!

AdamR28

Very generous offer indeed!

I just had fun for 10 minutes trying to spec myself up what sort of bike i would have. Whilst trying to keep it with relatively equal parts to my own, and not going OTT with kings everywhere etc it still came to £1605.

Thats a lot of money to just give away, and an amount i would doubt you'd be able to make up for in selling the grips off so hats off to you guys.

I hope someone nice wins this prize, as i only ever hear about arrogant arseholes who win great things.

Very generous offer indeed!

I just had fun for 10 minutes trying to spec myself up what sort of bike i would have. Whilst trying to keep it with relatively equal parts to my own, and not going OTT with kings everywhere etc it still came to £1605.

Thats a lot of money to just give away, and an amount i would doubt you'd be able to make up for in selling the grips off so hats off to you guys.

I hope someone nice wins this prize, as i only ever hear about arrogant arseholes who win great things.

Remember it doesn't cost them £1605 ;)

I priced up a Mod and that cam to £1,200, NOT king hubs, NO Ti bolts, Not even Cables on the discs (tarty don't sell them).

BUt yeha Its a very good ieda, They'll need to sell £240 of grips for a £1,200 bike

(Why am I up this late, Face/off is crap)

I know it doesn't cost them that much to purchase the parts, but if they didn't give them away they'd still be able to sell them so their losing £1605 through not having them as available stock to sell ;).

I know it doesn't cost them that much to purchase the parts, but if they didn't give them away they'd still be able to sell them so their losing £1605 through not having them as available stock to sell ;).

That dosn't really make sence becuase they could always get all those parts back in if there's a demand for them. So really, they're only loosing the cost price of the bike, which at my guess would be £800-£900's. Maybe even less than that if they buy in bulk. Then to put it together doesn't cost them anything, just time. And then think about the extra money they're making on the grips becuase of this. Say 150 are sold, and they make £2 profit on each pair, that's £300, so really they're looking at loosing half a grand.

Then you have to take into consideration how many people have bought other things with the grips they wouldn't have if they weren't buying the grips. That could be, say, £50 profit, and then knock off the profit of the products sold that the customer was going to buy from another shop, but used tartybikes to get some grips too to save on postage, another £50 say. It's down to £400.

So that's £400 for all that advertisement. And it only take one person to have discoverd tartybikes through this raffle to buy one £1000 bike, and they're equal.

And all those figures are rough guesses, rounded in my mind to the dissadvantage of tartybikes.

(Y)

That dosn't really make sence becuase they could always get all those parts back in if there's a demand for them. So really, they're only loosing the cost price of the bike, which at my guess would be £800-£900's. Maybe even less than that if they buy in bulk. Then to put it together doesn't cost them anything, just time. And then think about the extra money they're making on the grips becuase of this. Say 150 are sold, and they make £2 profit on each pair, that's £300, so really they're looking at loosing half a grand.

Then you have to take into consideration how many people have bought other things with the grips they wouldn't have if they weren't buying the grips. That could be, say, £50 profit, and then knock off the profit of the products sold that the customer was going to buy from another shop, but used tartybikes to get some grips too to save on postage, another £50 say. It's down to £400.

So that's £400 for all that advertisement. And it only take one person to have discoverd tartybikes through this raffle to buy one £1000 bike, and they're equal.

And all those figures are rough guesses, rounded in my mind to the dissadvantage of tartybikes.

(Y)

If they give away a bike, they can't sell the parts because they've gone... so they won't get the £1605 they could potentially get for them. Buying more stock in doesn't make sense as they'll have to anyway after giving the parts away. If they sell all the grips then they make a profit they may or may not have been going to make anyway.

The only point thats feasable is the advertisement aspect of it, but the figures you've given won't be right at all as you'd factored in the initial cost all wrong ;)

If they give away a bike, they can't sell the parts because they've gone... so they won't get the £1605 they could potentially get for them. Buying more stock in doesn't make sense as they'll have to anyway after giving the parts away. If they sell all the grips then they make a profit they may or may not have been going to make anyway.

The only point thats feasable is the advertisement aspect of it, but the figures you've given won't be right at all as you'd factored in the initial cost all wrong ;)

Say I had my own little shop, i bought in 10 t-pros and gave away one of them. I would only be loosing what i paid for the t-pro, which would be like 30% less than the retail price.

If i couldn't buy more t-pros to stock my imaginary shop, then yes, i would be loosing out on the full RRP of the bike, but becuase i could phone supercycles and get another one in to replace the one i gave away that a customer would buy, i'm only loosing the cost price.

If i never gave the t-pro away in the first place, i wouldn't have to get another one in stock.

:)

Edited by JT!

Say I had my own little shop, i bought in 10 t-pros and gave away one of them. I would only be loosing what i paid for the t-pro, which would be like 30% less than the retail price.

If i couldn't buy more t-pros to stock my imaginary shop, then yes, i would be loosing out on the full RRP of the bike, but becuase i could phone supercycles and get another one in to replace the one i gave away that a customer would buy, i'm only loosing the cost price.

If i never gave the t-pro away in the first place, i wouldn't have to get another one in stock.

:)

I said potential price ;)

If they give it away they can't make the money they potentially could if they sold them at retail. Sure they could order more stock, but they still miss out on the extra money they could have had should they not have sold it.

• 2 weeks later...