alex-trials-boy

brake type  

30 members have voted

1. 1. disc brakes

• hope mono
    • Try-All
    • Avid bb5/bb7
    • maggie louise

Hey guys im soon to get an inspired fourplay )hopefully) but it comes with an avid bb5 front disc brake i dont trust a non hydrolic disc brake or well shoud i ? Ive listed my other options of brake which i could buy after christmas if i need to (unless i keep the avid) so i would just like to know witch one you guys think is the best thanks.

Alex.

Set up right the avids can be awesome. Nothing wrong with them so naturally I run dual hopes :P

I would love a bike with dual hopes :P :P :P ive seen some one selling a echo dual disc with dual avids now an avid on the front mabey but i just honestly couldnt trust the rear one cabble snappage would constantly be on my mind :(

Do you have any idea how strong stainless steel brake cables are?!? I'm pretty sure you could rupture the hose on a hydraulic brake with a lot less force than that required to snap a steel cable. I've had a blocked hose before and not realised, couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and then split the hose when I pulled it hard. Some of the best riders in the country swear by cable brakes, and Avid BB disc brakes are damn powerful. I'd say at least give it a try, you might be surprised how good it is, and if not just buy something else then.

I would never ever got front hydraulic, theres so much more to go wrong.

If you dont trust a steel cable how can you trust a platic tube full of water?

My BB5/ BB7's have been better than any brake i've ever used, i have had in excess of 30 brake setups, BB5's and 7's top the lot.

I would never ever got front hydraulic, theres so much more to go wrong.

If you dont trust a steel cable how can you trust a platic tube full of water?

My BB5/ BB7's have been better than any brake i've ever used, i have had in excess of 30 brake setups, BB5's and 7's top the lot.

Take note, Davey is speaking sense. Get a BB7.

Front vee/ BB7 and rear vee. A brake that works. I like my Hope though. But I think a vee is a lot better on a streety setup.

I don't really agree, although i prefer to have a bit of modulation when riding street to allow for manuals and such, vee's don't tend to offer this so much.

Edit: Not to say vee brakes aren't good, there a bit to on or off for me, but if you like that then its the way to go.

Edited by davey1991