Old Trials Bikes

lewis.jackson

Id like to see your old trials bikes and if you could tell me how old it is and put a pic up of it then id be thankful.

The reason I'm putting this up is because Kris leeson let me have a go on his new/old montesa 20"

DSC00113.jpg

I was talking to Clive and he said that it was made before they were called monty and he said it was called montesa or something like that.

It rides really well and i cant fault it on Geo but the brakes don't work well at all and i didn't want to do anything that big on it but that is how Kris like his brakes.

I saw Kris ride it and he was as smooth as he is on the leeson 2win.

Any way pics please.

Edited by lewis.jackson

Yeah, like 'Look at my old skool Onza t-bird!'... yeah, whatever mate...

But yes, that Monty is quite relic now. I have a few old bits and pieces, but nothing that old, like one of the first Pace trials frames, a Sunn frame and a couple of pairs of the matching chrome forks (like the Tongue bros used). Somewhere I've got some photos of Paul Thompson's old green Monty 26, but again they're not nearly as vintage as that beast!

When I was about 9 a lad round here had an old bike that looked a lot like that, but it was silver. I asked what it was once because I had never heard of trials he said it was called a stock bike and was made for doing wheelies on. :rolleyes: Then his mates all chuckled and I went home, I never saw it again but I just remembered it when you posted that pic.

Another lad had a red one that looked a bit different, it had no bash plate, he said he would sell it to me for £10, so I said well I'll have to go home and ask my Mum if I can borrow it, then I rushed off on my 16" Universal BMX and left my red fleece behind. When I got back with the money they had gone and set fire to my fleece the bastards! They give, or gave, trials riders a bad name.

Id like to see your old trials bikes and if you could tell me how old it is and put a pic up of it then id be thankful.

The reason I'm putting this up is because Kris leeson let me have a go on his new/old monty 20"

DSC00113.jpg

I was talking to Clive and he said that it was made before they were called monty and i think he said it was called montagro or something like that.

It rides really well and i cant fault it on Geo but the brakes don't work well at all and i didn't want to do anything that big on it but that is how Kris like his brakes.

I saw Kris ride it and he was as smooth as he is on the leeson 2win.

Any way pics please.

They were called montesa before monty, because pere pi was working for montesa at the time.

If you have a look in the classics area of biketrial-spain there are loads of pictures of old bikes, going from when they were first invented into the early 90's

Well worth a look (Y)

Scott

Edited by Scotty Evil1

Yer thats a sad story but how long ago was this.

9-8 years ago? I remember thinking that £10 was quite a lot of money seeing as I got £1 a week pocket money, so I must have been 8 or less I suppose. I remember them saying my BMX would be like a trials bike if I got a smaller chainring on it and lowered the seat, I had two because someone gave my Dad another one the same as mine so we did. It was fun just for doing "curb tricks" on. We did that when I was 8, so I must have 7-8 when I met them.

The next time I went near a trials bike I was 13, I hated it, it had tar on the rims! 3 years after that I got one.

Yer it does really dont it.Come on guys i want to see what YOU have and not what you can link to

They were called montesa before monty, because pere pi was working for montesa at the time.If you have a look in the classics area of biketrial-spain there are loads of pictures of old bikes, going from when they were first invented into the early 90's Well worth a look (Y) Scott
Thanks and iv now edited the post.

I wish you'd all f**k up, and watch leaps and bound's before giving that bike a motorcycle companies name. it's what annoys me most about this forum, mis-information

why would pere pi working for montesa mean that the bike's were also called montesa?, you say, they were called montesa before monty BECAUSE pere worked for them, there wern't called montesa in the first place, but even if they were, the reason would probobly be more likely that pere had a few spare stickers lying around and threw them on, not because he worked for them, get what im trying to say?

That look like one of the very first mass produced bikes, the prototype of that can be seen in leaps and bounds.

If you ever get a chance to measure it up, take it, i'd like to know how it compares to modern bikes I doubt there would be much differance between that, and say an 07ti or pr

I wish you'd all f**k up, and watch leaps and bound's before giving that bike a motorcycle companies name. it's what annoys me most about this forum, mis-information

why would pere pi working for montesa mean that the bike's were also called montesa?, you say, they were called montesa before monty BECAUSE pere worked for them, there wern't called montesa in the first place, but even if they were, the reason would probobly be more likely that pere had a few spare stickers lying around and threw them on, not because he worked for them, get what im trying to say?

That look like one of the very first mass produced bikes, the prototype of that can be seen in leaps and bounds.

If you ever get a chance to measure it up, take it, i'd like to know how it compares to modern bikes I doubt there would be much differance between that, and say an 07ti or pr

Dude click on the link that is in the page and then edit your post.

Youll find out that you need to shut up and then you find out that you need to say sorry.

Dude click on the link that is in the page and then edit your post.

Youll find out that you need to shut up and then you find out that you need to say sorry.

That page is wrong, they wern't montesa's, they were made in the montsea factory yes, but they were called montiseita's or something like that, I don't know the corect spelling but they were not montesa's.

EdIT:those photo's do hav montesa stickers on them though, so i'm now even more confused about the history of biketrials....

Edited by Jakers

That page is wrong, they wern't montesa's, they were made in the montsea factory yes, but they were called montiseita's or something like that, I don't know the corect spelling but they were not montesa's.

Were did you get this info from cus id like to look it up and if i find out your rite then ill edit all my posts.

monty.es

'Pere asked Sr Permayer, owner of Montesa, if they would be able to manufacture Trial Bicycles, and the answer was that if the Pere took care of everything there would be no problem. And thus they were born, the first Biketrial bicycles in the series, the famous Montesitas. They sold the lot.'

'about monty' page.

also in leaps and bounds like I have allready said. No need to edit your post's, unless you don't want people to know what you said.

I doubt there would be much differance between that, and say an 07ti or pr

Thank you,thank you so much I just nearly pissed myself.

This topic has made me thank god for the wonderfull bicycles that we now have.

:D

Thank you,thank you so much I just nearly pissed myself.

This topic has made me thank god for the wonderfull bicycles that we now have.

:D

Not much has actually changed since you were in nappies though, my '96 x-lite is pretty much the same geometry as an '07 one ;)

Not much has actually changed since you were in nappies though, my '96 x-lite is pretty much the same geometry as an '07 one ;)

ZOMFG:O A lot has changed,but my tiny tiny penis still remains,barely.