Toxsin Frame 2 Review

Pauly

hey guys well ive had this frame for just over a month now and i am in love with it.

frame review

geo of the frame

- 1085mm wheelbase.

- 385mm chainstays.

- 72 degree head angle.

- +20mm BB rise.

first impresions

well when i first got my frame through the post to be fair i wasnt that keen but i thought irl see how it rides before i jump to any conclusions, so anyway i got it built and went for a ride it took me a week to get used to the bb rise for doing taps but after a week i was flying on it (N). to be onest i didnt like the huge toptube at first but damn it grows on you. and i didnt realy like the chainstays as they were round.

Getting used to it

as the days went by strangely my riding was seeming to improve a fair amount i was starting to gap further than what i had ever done easly, my sidehops were just becomeing so easy as i could not sidehop before i would say before i could sidehop like 35 inch and i was getting used to how it taps and it felt so nice everytime i taped i was flying right to the top of objects also my confidence on the bike was changeing i seemed to be not affraid of doing things i hadnt done before maybe it was the bb rise im not sure (Y). the feel on the backwheel and my control over my bike also was amazing and the stiffness of the frame was also very supriseingly good.

now

at this present time im loveing my bike the toptube has grown on me so much for some reason and i am seeming to go off small toptubes :lol: lol every person who has seen it says they that the toptube was awfull at the start of the day but at the end of the day they seem to love it, quote from tuni

i thought it was shit earlyer but i realy like it now
(summit along those lines). If you lookj at the chain stays to be fair they look pretty damn week but i have realy given mine a bashing recently and i have not seen any sign of dents opnly scratches also the downtube has been hit from the side fairly hard and that is just scratched and not dented, this this frame just turned everything i hated about it in to something good.

now my riding has improved so much i can now gap 8 ft flat to flat, can sidehop 41 inch easly and can tap 45 inch quite comfretably also im just starting to get in to front to backs and can nerly pull one on a handrail :$

i must admit my expectations of the frame were not high and i was thinking that this wont last me long but i can safely say i have give the frame beef and its still is goign stong, i check it for cracks everyday and i cant see anything or any stress marks so im hopeing to keep this frame for a fair while.

gallery_4066_776_11209.jpg

gallery_4066_776_83272.jpg

med_gallery_4066_776_36257.jpg

Stem review

well i havent had my toxsin stem that long but i know the geo is exactly or near enough the same as a echo one and i have no problems with it at all i realy like the look of it, before i was running a echo stem but when i changed to my toxsin stem i realy liked the look of the cnc and the part where you can see the forks basicly they are a very nice stem with a good geo i mean why change something thats already perfect (Y)

gallery_4066_776_68987.jpg

grips review

well theses grips are so nice they have such a nice feeling to the bars, they are slighly thicker than your standerd grips i would say a littly bit thiner than bmx grips, anyway they offer a extreemly comfey design, and they are not soft but not hard so your callises arnt as extreem ands your hands do not get sore, this means you do nt have to wear gloves if you dont want to as the sweat will simlpy run away through the pockets in the grip, if you like to wear gloves like me you get a realy nice grip to your bars before when i was useing viz grips i still slipped off the bars but now with my toxsin grips i feel very confident about not slipping off my bars.

gallery_4066_776_18181.jpg

gallery_1529_927_53378.jpg

pad review

well the pads arnt that bad although they do have a pretty fast wear rate, to be onest i did use a harsh grind when i had them on so they didnt last long at all but the bite and hold was still pretty damn impressive, ihave hard from a few people that a very light grind with toxsin pads and they say its amazing and then the wear is good, idealy these pads would be used for more on the front of the bike (Y) because they offer i slightly sponger feel to the leever (Y)

gallery_4066_776_8399.jpg

anyway you can perchase any of these products at merseytrial or get in touch with me and i will forward you to adam if you like anything you see

if you have any questions about any of the parts above please dont be affraid to send me a pm or make a post and i will be happy to help

Cheers

Pauly

Edited by Zoo_Rider

Here are some pictures of my toxsin 2 >> http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....md=si&img=10564

Ye Paul I agree with you about the frame 100% The top tube makes the bike so stiff and stable on the rear wheel. and its so mega good to sit on when going downhill :blink:

I was thinking the other day, and I reckon it would be strong enough to drill holes in. What do you reckon?

:)

Good review there man (Y)

Adam

i'd like to add to this review because i've had toxsin grips on my bikes for the last 3 months or more and have been meaning to do a review for ages.

when i first fitted the grips i imediately found them very comfotable and found my calouses decreased whith riding rather than getting worse, i continued to ride on the grips and although i was riding more and more my calouses did not get any worse which i feel is a huge bonus not having great lumps of leather on your hands. i have since riden the grips until there is almost no grip left on them and i still think they rule, they may get replaced now the wet wethers here because having no actual grip left on them makes them funky when riding in the rain but i really can't fault them, they are by far the best grips i've ever used and an absiloute bargain.

oh and incase anyone who doesn't know me was wondering i've been riding for 11 years and have gone through hundreds of different sets of grips, these are the only ones i'd buy again...

cheers

tom