Stock Or A Mod

new_to_trials

hey,

i do not no if i should get a stock or mod i hear the mod are easy to control and you can hop around really easy,but is this the same for the stock i had a go on my friends mod and it is easy to hop around on but have no been on a stock yet could some one with a stock tell me if it hard to jump stuff and do things on a stock then on a mod.

thanks

sam lewis ^_^

Its your choice it all depends on what you want to ride.

Mods are easyer to through arround = easyer to bunny hop, up's and sidehops ect but after time you could do this just aswell if you rode a stock, just takes more practis.

Stocks makes rails easyer and you have a bigger choice of parts id say.

Personly I ride mod but I would not mind rideing something like a 1065 stock if I had to.

Edited by samthebiker

Start mod, then either

stay mod

go stock

go 24"

Mods are easier to get the basics done on cos they can be messed around with more as said above. With people like Ashton who can throw stock bikes around like they're mods it doesn't really matter, but you're not ashton you're beginning so I'd say get a mod (Y)

in ur question u asked which is easier.

it all depends on how good a bike u by for instance a cheep mod is easier than a cheep stock.

a lot of my mates in stony ride mod and stock but i find some of the stocks ride nicer that the mods like the new adamant it rides like a dream and the dabomb feels like a raft.

go for what ever u want mate!!!

cheers

chis :D

Start mod, then either

stay mod

go stock

go 24"

Mods are easier to get the basics done on cos they can be messed around with more as said above. With people like Ashton who can throw stock bikes around like they're mods it doesn't really matter, but you're not ashton you're beginning so I'd say get a mod (Y)

Agreed (Y) i started on mod, rode for around 2 years, and ive just got a stock now. The changeover was eeeeeeeasy, i was riding the same as i was on my mod after around 2 days, and mods are easier to learn basic techniques, and they work the same on stocks. Theyre also better if you're younger, lighter and easier to flick around.

Oh and usually cheaper aswell.

as I hate mods with a passion I am gonna say stock.

BUT!! if money is an issue, the mods start at lower prices.

That biketrials site is really out of date, I wouldnt base your choice on that.

heres how I see it

MODS

Pros:

lighter

easier to learn stuff

total control of bike

stronger wheels (not by much nowerdays though)

Cons:

look stupid (debatable :- )

are too easy to ride, you dont learn valuable skills a heavier harder bike will teach.

can feel really twitchy to ride

cant roll over rough terrain as well.

STOCK

Pros:

looks nicer (well, most of them :S )

more stable (doesnt feel like an exspensive pogo stick)

teaches valuable riding skills

roll over stuff easier

cons:

Takes longer to get good on one

mech to brake off (unless you dont run one)

wheels are easier to buckle (not by much nowerdays though)

heavier

I say go stock, you will end up a better rider in the long run, the extra weight will build muscles faster, you will learn not to be relient on a bash plate and if you ever do get a mod in the future, you will be extra good on one.