New 06 Echo Rims.

B.E.A.U

Hi all. I was on a birmingham ride on saterday. and i saw a gap. its in he tunni zoo 26 off a white post looks like a telephone box, down to a small white curb. Ok yes it was rather large for me and things. But i thought my rim would take it. so i went for it. i made the gap second attempt but my rim was bent and looked lie ka snake. But befor that gap i was just riding my local town and i was looking at my rim and i found 3 dents and it flat spotted the rim slightely. Now where i was looking before they come out they said they were undentable and all that. and im not a super harsh rider. also tunni said he killed 2 in one week. So i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problam. because i have broken another rim.

Thanks Beau (Y):)

did you build your wheel your self?

or did an experienced wheel builder build it?

because at the end of the day its is mainly down to the build.

and the pictures above aparently the rim was a front one using well old spokes, so no wonder it went like that

did you build your wheel your self?

or did an experienced wheel builder build it?

because at the end of the day its is mainly down to the build.

and the pictures above aparently the rim was a front one using well old spokes, so no wonder it went like that

its a tarty build.

i read somewhere that it was a front one on the rear with old spokes, i believe it was in the thread where that pic was first posted,

maybe you arent smooth then or something like you are running your tyres a little to flat to have done that to your rim

Hi all. I was on a birmingham ride on saterday. and i saw a gap. its in he tunni zoo 26 off a white post looks like a telephone box, down to a small white curb. Ok yes it was rather large for me and things. But i thought my rim would take it. so i went for it. i made the gap second attempt but my rim was bent and looked lie ka snake. But befor that gap i was just riding my local town and i was looking at my rim and i found 3 dents and it flat spotted the rim slightely. Now where i was looking before they come out they said they were undentable and all that. and im not a super harsh rider. also tunni said he killed 2 in one week. So i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problam. because i have broken another rim.

Thanks Beau (Y):)

to be honest you do a gap like that then dont complain if you kill your rim, you no doubt landed heavy as most people would as its huge and come on aluminium isnt a strong material, stop complaining as its not a problem just a broken rim damage through abuse

thats what happened to u didnt it ian dropped what 8 crates and your rear rim nearly folded like paper and you had to carry your bike home,

o how me and flower laughed :P

Why say it rick, you want to ride with Ian but cuss him publically on the forum when flower doesnt even have a bike! you wont ride with ben, so your kind of letting yourslef down really its just petite and silly if you keep on going like this not even ian will want to ride with you

the spokes were quite tight as i did them myself just before! could have been tighter but tight enough. the rim would still have flat spotted as this is all down to the rim strength.

here is the gap (the exact one where he did his wheel)

IPB Image

and i agree with him as i have put a small flatspot in mine just from a small drop gap.

Adam

thanks for the pick ad lol. yes the spokes were tight as ad said he tightened em a few minutes before i did it. and i landed on top not on the edge. but i didn't think it was that harsh. but as i said i had a few dents before from nothing.

Mods rule!!!

You heard of the Echo 06 mod rim fooking? ..... NOPE!! :D :D :D :D

lol. how many people actualy have a mod 06 echo rim. well i looked at mien again tonight. its nearly square. lol i want to make it perfect square lol. owell im going to get another one use a bigger innertuebe and maybe some more pressure. and not sure about builds. evan though tarty are mint. i still had realy loose spokes when i got the rim. owell i will wait and see. :rolleyes:

it deffinetly was

Meh any rim will die, if you hit it hard enuff.

Thats a rear rim mate (Y) Kind of ridiculously obvious it's a rear rim aswell so i don't know where all the front/rear rim confusion came from :ermm:

I dont really rate the 06 echo rims, the holes seem way too big and they have a very large flat profile making them easy to flatspot. Back to the drawing board deng (Y)

Ian

beau is that the gap u attempted on the brum halloween ride cos u wer landing that extremely harsh, and putting flat spots in you rim then........ but if these new rims are amazing and the build is good i suppose they shouldnt get wrecked....anyway i reckon ur a mad head for doin that gap anyway its huge.....

nice 1

fat jake (Y)

it was a rear rim rahhhhh and no one try argueing with me on that cause it was my facking bike.

the reason it went was because the day before loads of nipples facked so we had to cut the spokes and the rim as you would expect facked, so we had to like "bodge" it by tightening spokes on one side loads more than the other.

also i landed right on the edge, and im 13 stone....so to be honest i doubt a 521 with have come out of that without looking slightly flatter.

the rims are strong, and a hell of a lot stronger than the cnc'd ones. i got another and have beaten it and its only got a tiny flat spot in it.

where you land on the landing of that drop gap in brum?