Le Tour De France

Matt_Tupman

Ok so you may think it's 'gay' and the leg shaving is maybe a bit to far but has anyone watched it at all this year?

I'm really getting into it and especially after Bradley Wiggins ride today which impressed me a lot.

Anyone on here do much road racing compeating? How easy is it to get into competitions?

Matt

tched a few minutes of it for the first time today, and it was fantastic, it was the end of a race, so obviously pretty exciting, but seeing the tactics they use to keep each other back and stuff was amazing, not to mention that they were doing that after cycling for hours anyway no doubt.

I think ill try nd watch some more. I don't think it's at all 'gay'

Yes been watching them live over here, although missed the last stage. It's quite good this year especially since there is an australian that could win it in Cadel Evans. Can't believe the two favorites to win crashed on the same day too ! It'll get exciting when they hit the mountains on Saturday.

Oh and leg shaving isn't too far cos it is for when they crash and get road rash they don't get hair in the grazes/cuts and also its more comfortable for them when they get massages.

I watched it at my grandparents house while I was paying a visit there with my parents

I think it's absolutely incredible, 6 hours of cycle at an 40-65 kilometers an hour[have no idea how much miles an hour that is for the english people..]

Thats just pushing the human body to it's limit, that sort of stuff always amazes me

And about the leg shaving, it's not all that gay if it's for a good thing, like getting better results

Ok so you may think it's 'gay' and the leg shaving is maybe a bit to far but has anyone watched it at all this year?

I'm really getting into it and especially after Bradley Wiggins ride today which impressed me a lot.

Anyone on here do much road racing compeating? How easy is it to get into competitions?

Matt

its not gay, those guys are hardcore, i is watching it.

and ride road!

Edited by Chris Abbey

the bike skills they need are incredible, especially in time trials and group sprints. riding with milimeters seperating the front and rear wheels;draughting and having riders to the side. time trials are done at a 35 mph average.. so makes hanging onto that tractor or bus for a mile seem insignificant.as for leg shaving denoting homosexuality...thats just pure bollox..excuse pun.aerodynamic increases are irrelevant...note that riders do not shave arms. eases masage therapyhelps in crash'sadds to rider motivation .. feeling faster. there are ore but cannot remember them all.vive la touralso forgot to mention the amazing attention to detail that roadies apply to the sport in terms of the bike and fitness. makes trials seem primitave. have you seen the amount of monitoring equipment used?heart ratespeedcadencepowerto name a few.anyone else think power monitors such as the SRM would benefit trials?

cant edit post..all got condesnsed for some reason.

the bike skills they need are incredible, especially in time trials and group sprints. riding with milimeters seperating the front and rear wheels;draughting and having riders to the side. time trials are done at a 35 mph average.. so makes hanging onto that tractor or bus for a mile seem insignificant.

as for leg shaving denoting homosexuality...thats just pure bollox..excuse pun.aerodynamic increases are irrelevant...note that riders do not shave arms.

eases masage therapy

helps in crash's

adds to rider motivation .. feeling faster.

there are more but cannot remember them all.

vive la tour

also forgot to mention the amazing attention to detail that roadies apply to the sport in terms of the bike and fitness. makes trials seem primitave. have you seen the amount of monitoring equipment used?heart ratespeedcadencepowerto name a few.anyone else think power monitors such as the SRM would benefit trials?

Good sport, but there all drug takers and cheats to be honest, look at ullrich and basso.

Least one of our local riders from York is doing his first tour.

Go on Wegelious.

Steve

yes exactly, whats the point of watching a sport when you know for a fact theyre all on performance enhancing drugs!

Edited by trialsguru

yes exactly, whats the point of watching a sport when you know for a fact theyre all on performance enhancing drugs!

What's the point in watching any pro sport then? ;)

I can't say I find it that exciting, but it's very impressive. The last stage they did was an average of 24 mph, over 5 hours (200k) and up some of the biggest hills in europe. Madness.

I enjoyed the crash t'other day though :Dhttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lmIJjR1kdYw