Ciguena 24"

David Biddle™

pros: mat street rides one so you can be as cool as him, fall off as much as him, and be as much of a liability as him (see damnation 10!)

cons: the sliding dropout things break easily

:)

ha ha ha i wish i could fall off as cool as matt street can

cheers boon i was looking at the dropouts and was thinking to myself will they take the strain

cheers

biddle

Edited by davenorfolk

ha ha ha i wish i could fall off and cool as matt street

cheers boon i was looking at the dropouts and was thinking to myself will they take the strain

cheers

biddle

haha. well one of his snapped but then he is a bit of a ham fister.

you can run it without them though...he frame is still sweet!

ok i have bin thinking of getting a new frame and do like the look and geo of the Ciguena 24

i thought i would check on here first to see everyones views on this frame i.e good and bad points

cheers

biddle

Biddle I had one it it was nice to ride, but the maggie mounts were crap mine pealed of both frames I had!

post-12085-1184688301_thumb.jpg

i rode the mod one for a little bit, and im guessing they may have had similar dropouts..i found they kept the wheel in the same place with no budging...there was a few of the smaller bits that snapped but i dont think they have them on the 24 version.

but overall they are good strong frames and really flicky

this is what i found from the 20" ciguena, im taking they will have the same sort of feel to them.

i rode the mod one for a little bit, and im guessing they may have had similar dropouts..i found they kept the wheel in the same place with no budging...there was a few of the smaller bits that snapped but i dont think they have them on the 24 version.

but overall they are good strong frames and really flicky

this is what i found from the 20" ciguena, im taking they will have the same sort of feel to them.

Yea I know what you mean the 24'' has that little bits that snap off! They were shocking!

hahaha it takes years of training in the borneo jungle fighting with ninja's and tigers to fall off as much as me... don't worry i can show you the way though.

i recormend the frame though. you don't really need the tensioners to be honest. it makes setting up the back wheel a bit harder but once its done it won't come loose, i've twatted it a lot!! don't know frame geo but its nice on the back wheel, its pretty easy to keep it on the back wheel when you gap down to something. manuals nice too. only thing i can't do aswell is 180 bunny hops.

what ever you do don't get a curtis, espcially the boon signature one, designed for a twat to be riden by twats. hahahaha.

i've got some pics of mine built up i'll try get them posted up.

Ooh, nick, what have you got? On a 24" related note, has anyone ridden a Zoot and can you compare it to a Ciguena or other 24? I'm kinda tempted to get a 24 to be a bike for all things, from BMXey stuff at the skatepark to a trials bike etc and quite like the idea of getting a Zoot and swapping a few bits over to dial it in (cranks, BB, rear hub, single speed kit, front disc etc). Good idea/bad idea?

Dave

Ooh, nick, what have you got? On a 24" related note, has anyone ridden a Zoot and can you compare it to a Ciguena or other 24? I'm kinda tempted to get a 24 to be a bike for all things, from BMXey stuff at the skatepark to a trials bike etc and quite like the idea of getting a Zoot and swapping a few bits over to dial it in (cranks, BB, rear hub, single speed kit, front disc etc). Good idea/bad idea?

Dave

I like my zoot. Slightly longer than an Ashton which is overall better for me at least. I find it spins better too. Can't compare it to the Ciguena though. I'm not sure about having two frames and swapping bits over, either. It'd be a lot of hassle!

Dave

Dave,dave dave , at least get a 24uk like nick (Y)

I'm not sure about having two frames and swapping bits over, either. It'd be a lot of hassle!

Ah, don't worry about that, I'd have my bestest friends in the whole world at TartyBikes to do that for me ;)

Andy- might be tempted but because of not having any stock/24 bits to put on a 24UK frame I think I'd have to get a Zoot as a base anyway... still not sure yet.

Dave