Try Alls Vs Creepy Crawlers

lil Jsy Chris

What about the echo ones?? I may give them a shot, in need of a new rear tyre

I'm running a creepy crawler one the front and an echo tyre on the rear... Works well for me...

But yeah, balls to Try-All tyres (for street anyway), the wear rate is shocking... Anything else will do the job better really. Unless you ride natural frequently, try-alls aren't the thing to have.

Edit: Whats the wear rate like on the Monty tyres? Might have to try one...

Edited by Quackers

I found that the creepy crawler gave great grip and wear life but I bought the new echo rim and was slightly big for the rim so kept on falling off or bulging which was not good. So i was forced to buy the monty tyre as it was a specific 19" tyre and the grip is fantastic but i've had far more pinches than when i was running the creepy crawler but I still think the monty is slightly better in my mind.

Although the Try All tires wear fairly fast the grip that you get from them is just awsome! If you can't justify spending that much money on them though get the Maxxis.

Edited by Sam O

I'd go for Montys. Only had experience with the fat 2.7" tyre which was really grippy and bouncy, and also quite wear resistant. The Eagle Claws seem really nice although I haven't ridden them but all of my customers are really satisfied with them and say they're way better than CC's.

Try-All are great for natural but if you're a street rider I wouldn't bother.

Try-All are great for natural but if you're a street rider I wouldn't bother.

Fair comment, seeing as that is what they are designed for. It's a matter of choice - excellent grip for a reasonable time or less grip for a long time.

Ben.