British Championship Kelly Farm

kelly farm trials

Dear forum members

My apologies for not posting before, various problems made this impossible. It seems that yet again in another post , which was a joy to catch up with, sundays trial is getting some publicity.

I would like to reasure those who wish to come that they can enter before or on the day, if you wish to email me with your name , and class before you can , none championship riders this year can ride in a class of their choosing .

There are local campsites etc although some people have camped at the venue before, please contact me if i can be of any assistance

There were quite exceptional circumstances which caused the cancelation of our previous event, to reasure you all kelly is currently very dry.

Householders were once again beginning the grim task of mopping up after torrential rain caused widespread flooding and travel chao

Heavy downpours drenched vast areas of the country as an eerie darkness descended at the height of the monsoon-like outburst.

Some areas got twice the average rainfall for the whole of July in a matter of hours.

TV stations were paralysed as satellite reception went down, computers froze in offices and many towns ground to a halt, with flooding hitting a West Sussex hospital.

Flights were cancelled, rail and Underground services were severely disrupted and roads became impassable as southern and south west England bore the brunt of the wet weather which swept up through France.

During the worst of the weather 141 flights were cancelled in and out of Heathrow Airport and 25 Tube stations in London were closed due to flooding.

In south west London cars had to negotiate 2ft-deep floodwater and homes all over the country experienced flooding.

As the rain clouds lifted and floodwater subsided, transport services began to return to normal.

A Transport for London spokesman said just four stations on the London Underground system remained closed, with services on the Circle line and sections of the District line still suspended.

But forecasters warned that more wet weather was on the way, with householders in north and central Wales, the Midlands and the North of England bracing themselves for further downpours over the weekend.

News on my home page - sad to say that it may be very difficult for some to get to Devon.

Ben.

me ali and stan are setting off tomorow, about 2/3ish :), not really botherd if it rains got used to riding in the rain now , but would be better if it didnt lol

where abouts you riding phillip? might join you

me ali and stan are setting off tomorow, about 2/3ish :), not really botherd if it rains got used to riding in the rain now , but would be better if it didnt lol

where abouts you riding phillip? might join you

If I can get down there in the day probably around Exeter, but not sure what time im going down yet, let me know if your riding when your down guys.

Phil.

just come back from kelly , all in place , bit of checking tommorow very little rain in our area , its mostly out of the county , but some areas have had showers in patches , sorry to hear about your troubles ben, car park field dry , looking forward to seeing you all , anybody worried just give a ring , anthony

Anthony, by all means run your event (local conditions may be fine), but, please do the responsible thing and remove its championship status.

It is completely unreasonable to expect competitors form many parts of the U.K. to set out on a journey that is unadvisable and dangerous.

As you are aware it has rained continuously for 36 hours across a huge swath of the country. Many road links are closed, all agencies dealing with road issues are advising people not to embark on journeys. The roads that channel drivers west are in some cases impassable.

I would appreciate a statement before I launch the car.

Fred Savage.

I am seriously considering wether to go. All that is on the news this morning is floods everywhere and motorways being closed etc. I am hearing stories of people being stuck on the motorway for 7+ hrs all night.

I don't know what to do as we are due to set off on a 5hr journey (if the roads are competely clear) very soon.

:(

Edit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6909633.stm

Edited by cultiv8ed stan

Stan, please note the time of my first post today.

We were got out of bed by a friend of the Wife's this morning begging us to pick her up from close to the A49 as her 4x4 had been washed across the road, she had been rescued by the fire brigade. Radio 4 says 10,000 cars are stuck on the motorways. You Wad and others are traveling south - you have no idea what you are letting yourself in for. I know that any comments I make may been seen as veiled politics - BUT IT IS NOT THE CASE!

We should not be obliged to travel - the staus of the event should be lowered for the safety of those that will feel obliged to travel. I have spent all morning trying to plot a safe route - I can't find one.

Fred.

I'm kind of sitting on the the fence on this one. Fred does have a point about travel aspect from north to south, and so I am going to try and help out, by driving down there tonight to help Tony finish off the sections, and then I will drive back up the M5 tonight and see how hectic it is, then post here to let you all know what its looking like.

I hope its all going to work out, but unfortunately the status of the roads and the changing weather isn't something we can accurately forecast at the moment so we'll just have to see.

Will update later.

Rich

I am seriously considering whether to go. All that is on the news this morning is floods everywhere and motorways being closed etc. I am hearing stories of people being stuck on the motorway for 7+ hrs all night.

I don't know what to do as we are due to set off on a 5hr journey (if the roads are competely clear) very soon.

:(

Edit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6909633.stm

Guess who lives 8 miles away from Pershore! Apparantly Worcestershire was one of the worst affected counties. There are so many closed roads around I don't even know if I will be able to get out of Worcester! I don't really want to risk travelling but I've already missed 1 event this year and can't afford to miss another. I think Freds suggestion makes a lot of sense to me. I certainly won't be happy if the event status is changed on the day or after though.