British Championship Kelly Farm

kelly farm trials

Well I've just been out on my bike for 2 hours trying to find any possible route to the motorway. The only road that isn't blocked off by police is flooded by a foot or two at one point. Even if I can get through though, levels are set to rise again tomorrow so I probably won't get home til Monday at the earliest... great

I'd still like to know if the comp will hold championship points. It will be a bit of a mission for myself to drive down, as it will be many others.

I agree with Fred & Gtburrows that it's fair to those whom it will be nearly inaccessible, to make it a non championship scoring round.

I thought the comp was awesome! One of the best I have been to so far, the amazing venue has a part to play, I love it there!

The journey down was easy, one of the quickest easiest drives to devon I have done, the roads werent even wet lol! Shame mike and matt were locked in though!

The sections were long and tough with some big moves in, good practice for the upcomming worlds this year.

Section 7(?) was pretty scary with a big gap, but I managed to uci clean it both times which was nice.

I had a bad start by 5ing my first section, DOH! But I got in the rythm and got through all the other sections for a couple more dabs, Time was tight with the length of them, but I thought they were spot on.

My second lap started the same as the first, a 5! exactly the same as my first lap too, you would have thought I would have learnt by then!

I again managed to get through most of the other sections other than another stupid 5! but somehow I ended up with 1 less dab than my first lap.

I was pretty happy in doing the comp all pretty much uci, only hit my pedal 3 times I think, good practice for fort bill in september

overall I came 3rd in master, andrei pretty much told me I had come 2nd (the b*****d!) but he beat me to the post.

Roll on Rochdale!

My worst ride at a competition ever I think :( Found the sections very hard, and personally didn't enjoy them. I also didn't feel great before or during the comp which didn't help I guess. Also took a big fall on section 8, battering my hand and knee and got a puncture on another section. I duno, I just had a bad day I guess.

Thanks to the observers and organisers, and respect goes to Alan and Carol Slinger for driving all that way to help.

I hope Rochdale is more fun :turned:

Stan.

I thought it was a good day, really good sections, good practice for the worlds, just a shame i couldnt make the most it (N)

Had a dodgy stomach, while led to me getting stomach cramps all day, so therefor i didnt eat all day and didnt have any energy. My leg completly cramped up coming out of section 10, couldnt even get off my bike, was funny!!!

I thought i could of done well there, but it wasnt to be.

Ill make up for it at rochdale!

Scott