Addingham Moorside

BikeTrial Federation

Barbara/ John I can't come and help set up now. Iv'e sprained my ankle really bad, so I can't walk. I've got crutchs but don't fancy hobbling round Addingham. I will be up on sunday, also I will obsereve if theres a section that I can sit down and see all the section from one spot.

Matt Rushton

If any of you remeber the world in 05 and who could forget that weekend,

I have set a couple of sections more or less flag for flag that we used then. If you think back to section 9 and 10 on the Sunday 2 sections really tough on time and abillity.

I think they should get you all ready for the Japan round of the worlds.

We will be finishing off today with a few more easier ones so as not to put you all off.

See you there bright and early on Sunday.

JP

Sorry to here that matt, I am betting my bottom doller that you have been out with "dangerous matt" the worlds most unlucky trials rider :lol:

Edited by robster

Try making a section where the observer can sit in one spot and see all the section on all the courses and ill obsevre.

Tell me if you have made a section and i'll come up before the start of the trial if not i'll come up later on and just watch.

Thanks Matt Rushton

Matt I'm sure JP will do that for you, the place is full of rocks so it should be easy. You take your seat and us riders can do the walkin'.

Looking forward to this, not ridden at Addingham for so long. It’s such a good place, pretty safe for youngsters as the sharp edges have worn off the rocks but with some huge stuff for the older riders. Can’t wait to have another go at some 05 sections. This post has had over 1200 hits so I expect the event will have a good turn out.

Ben.

Spoke to barbara earlie today she has in excess of 80 pre entries and she hadn't opened todays post so it looking good.

I am off back up in a bit when my new car lands as the bus has gone :(

come up and we will get you a nice easy one matt as Ben says let the riders do all the walking pal.

It's gonna be a good one tomorrow.

John

Spoke to barbara earlie today she has in excess of 80 pre entries and she hadn't opened todays post so it looking good.

I am off back up in a bit when my new car lands as the bus has gone :(

come up and we will get you a nice easy one matt as Ben says let the riders do all the walking pal.

It's gonna be a good one tomorrow.

John

Struggling walking still so I can't really walk round addingham.

Its getting abit better already I can almost walk without crutchs now so I should be ok to walk to a section tomorrow.

See you all tomorrow.

Matt Rushton

Struggling walking still so I can't really walk round addingham.

Its getting abit better already I can almost walk without crutchs now so I should be ok to walk to a section tomorrow.

See you all tomorrow.

Matt Rushton

Hi Matt, I can think of at least two sections easy to get to, and where you should be able to see it all from the one place. Come early and you can choose!

Sections set, weather booked, Mick the bouncer scriven is camping out up there. ;)

Some good long and hard sections for you all but some are nice and steady as well, well they had to be because I am riding. :$

See you all tomorrow, still a shame about the unfortunate clash of trials IMO

About 65 entries at the last count so numbers look good. (Y)

Thanks Barbara, Brian, Boothy, little Boothy, Robbie, mr Boyes and Richard Bell for helping out with the sections.

John P

It's great to be back at Addingham Moorside!

What a fantastic day we've had!

Home4.jpg

74 riders in all classes turned up for this celebratory event, the 5th round of the UK Nationals, with the Deputy Lord Mayor of Silsden suitably impressed with the skills he'd seen. Whilst presenting the awards he promised that he is going to do his utmost to help trials riders for the future.

Results will be up later tonight, along with a few pics. Give me a couple of hours!

Thanks to everyone for turning up and making it an event to remember.

www.biketrialuk.co.uk

Section9 (Y):) Mr Scrivens.

All sections were spot on, there was some hard ones thrown in, but at the end of the day it gave a good mix. some of the riders going to japan were riding extremly well (Y):) which was good to see.

The lord mayor and Mr Metcalfe had a talk with me about a few things, hopefully sometime in the short distant future we are having talks about re-opening it for use (Y):) (for cyclo trials riders)

i had a poor 1st lap but started better than i normally do, got through alot of the sections the only 1 proving difficult was 10, which was a world section from 05 (a 20" section at that!!!!was extremly long (Yellow route), well done to ben for getting through it!!! dont know if anyone else got through it if they did EXTREMLY well done)

Cheers to the roganisers for a great day at one of my favourite venues. (Y)

Wayne.

Just like you peter to pull a poor joke like that out of the hat :lol:

i wont edit it, il look like a RITE plank then, worse than you running ian ;):P to say you had been in training this week to catch me, you didnt do a right good job :P

You wouldnt have caught me for love or money on section9!!! it was like i had a firework stuck :o:rolleyes:

Wayne.

was the legend that is Danny Smith there? I heard rumours he was going!

Yes ali he was there, I bumped into him the other week in Skipton on a night out and bullied him into riding, i never thought he would show up but he did.

He rode as i remember him riding , he broke his chain twice, anyway he then asked me if i had a spare chain witch i didn't so he came round with me, rob, and a couple of others and rode my bike.

He is still a beast, I never thought my bike would be doing those moves.

He came 3rd on yellow route, he is not as fit as he was but he has lost none of his gutsy go for it style.

Dan will be back he has said, he will also be at Hook woods in September to keep his masters status.

jP

was great to catch up with danny smith, havent seen him in ages.

Ali you should have been there, propa old skool it was, like old times at addingham (Y):)

I hope dan gets back into it, would be good to see him make a comeback, hes a good lad with a great personality, im sure he will be polishing the dust off his "DrZebdi" trials forum account soon.......well done to JohnP for getting him to come back.

Wayne.