All This Rain - Consequences Devistating!

Mod Man Leo

Heard some mega stories, anybody here affected,

My dad tried to drive from swansea to oxford and he couldent get into oxfordshire from any route, he tried swindon newbury reading and the list just goes on. After 10 hours of being in the car he drove to london and stayed therer over night as it aws the onley city people could get into.

My stepdad took 3 hours to get 14 miles home.

my uncle was driving upto the bonnet on the road, but road shut so evryon on the road was driving into a field and sleeping in thier cars (at this point it was 3 AM)

A34 was shut, M4 was shut M5 was shut M40 was shut A40 was shut and all the surounding B roads in Oxfordshire

I heard about mudslides all sorts of wack shit like that, and vilages with 4ft river going donw high streets!

Just wondering if anyone affected!!

Edited by Mod Man Leo

My mum recently had to move to a different branch because the one she was working at closed down, so, she had the option to go to the croydon branch or the sidcup one, she went to the sidcup one and now the croydon branch is 3ft underwater! That's kerazy, i didn't think it could do that around here

Heard some mega stories, anybody here affected,

My dad tried to drive from swansea to oxford and he couldent get into oxfordshire from any route, he tried swindon newbury reading and the list just goes on. After 10 hours of being in the car he drove to london and stayed therer over night as it aws the onley city people could get into.

My stepdad took 3 hours to get 14 miles home.

my uncle was driving upto the bonnet on the road, but road shut so evryon on the road was driving into a field and sleeping in thier cars (at this point it was 3 AM)

A34 was shut, M4 was shut M5 was shut M40 was shut A40 was shut and all the surounding B roads in Oxfordshire

I heard about mudslides all sorts of wack shit like that, and vilages with 4ft river going donw high streets!

Just wondering if anyone affected!!

seriusly hope there going to be open tommorow, driving to andover to pick up a stock!

anyone know?

Tim.

Edited by Tim H

Compared to the rest of the country, well the rest of the South (Oxford etc) I've been REALLY lucky. The road outside my estate was partially flooded but nothing major, I just cant get my head round all of what has been happening... I guess its hard for anybody to contemplate anything if its not happening right in front of them. Hope everybody effected by all the rain gets back to normal soon!

Jonny.

dj memorial ride has been the best day i can remember.

the obe at oxford

i hate england:(

iv still go BAD tan lines from dj!! man it was hot!! been okish up here nothing major just pissing down most of the time which is a b*****d with smooth rims as i cant bike even when its stopped :(

My local area has been dry as a bone all day today, went riding for a couple of hours with plazzies so i think that says it all :lol:

Was drizzling a bit yesterday morning, but again wasn't enough rain to stop the plazzies working so its hardly anything major like other parts of the country.

I feel sorry for the people who have it real bad though, especially with people being missing and cars being washed away. I've never even had a flood reach the foot of my house doors so i can't even begin to imagine how awful it must be.

EDIT: Double postage.

Edited by Krisboats

On the way back from a demo in Wales yesterday we had problems. Didn't get home till 2am!

We ignored a "road closed" sign and ended up at one road which was flooded with cars left all around. So I took off my shoes and socks and walked across to see how deep it was. It went up about 1foot and figured it was okay. The guy in front of us however was an idiot and drove way to fast and his car conked out. With our van and trailer we got through just fine. According to a couple that had been waiting since 11am (now 7pm) it was up to his bonnet when he attempted to go though. WHY? Why go though when it's clearly far too high??

We then carried on and ignored yet another "road closed" sign, expecting the same ordeal. However this time we were quite shocked to discover that the sloped bank to the left of the road had completely collapsed! So we turned around and took another road - BAM, flooded. Once again I walked out and this time it got up to my boxers before I even got to the middle. I could really feel the current as well. However, I did discover a water butt, which i rescued and now lives in Dave's garden.

We then went to Gloucester, where I stepped in a puddle right up to my middle. I'm never going there again.

How on earth has Watford completely missed all of this :S It pissed it down on friday but thats it, and it didn't go on long enough to flood at all.

Fatpants has it really been that bad in London? Thats only 15 miles or so away :S.