All This Rain - Consequences Devistating!

Mod Man Leo

On the way back from a demo in Wales yesterday we had problems. Didn't get home till 2am!

We ignored a "road closed" sign and ended up at one road which was flooded with cars left all around. So I took off my shoes and socks and walked across to see how deep it was. It went up about 1foot and figured it was okay. The guy in front of us however was an idiot and drove way to fast and his car conked out. With our van and trailer we got through just fine. According to a couple that had been waiting since 11am (now 7pm) it was up to his bonnet when he attempted to go though. WHY? Why go though when it's clearly far too high??

We then carried on and ignored yet another "road closed" sign, expecting the same ordeal. However this time we were quite shocked to discover that the sloped bank to the left of the road had completely collapsed! So we turned around and took another road - BAM, flooded. Once again I walked out and this time it got up to my boxers before I even got to the middle. I could really feel the current as well. However, I did discover a water butt, which i rescued and now lives in Dave's garden.

We then went to Gloucester, where I stepped in a puddle right up to my middle. I'm never going there again.

hahaha mad b*****d

i live about a mile or two from evesham (worst hit town) and have been stuck in my village all weekend surrounded by 4 foot high waters, went down yesterday night and drove through this morning but has started raining again! and is coming back up! know lots of friends who's houses have been totally flooded! plus in cheltenham (very near me aswell) the water has run dry on the tap! Really been hit hard here! will try and find some pics.

Stav

Edited by stav

i live about a mile or two from evesham (worst hit town) and have been stuck in my village all weekend surrounded by 4 foot high waters, went down yesterday night and drove through this morning but has started raining again! and is coming back up! know lots of friends who's houses have been totally flooded! plus in cheltenham (very near me aswell) the water has run dry on the tap! Really been hit hard here! will try and find some pics.

Stav

I'm so pissed off. I want to have a shit and I have a bad throat so I want some nice tap water, not the nasty tasting stuff out of our water containers :(

My Dad was off racing at Santa Pod over the weekend, so when he heard him and his crew that live in Cheltenham went round the rest of the racers collecting water containers :lol: We now have 60 litres anyway. Should be alright.

The houses down the bottom of my girlfriend's house were flooded though, felt real sorry for them. Saw loads of people walking up the road with boxes and cats and stuff...

Suppose it could be much worse though.

I'm so pissed off. I want to have a shit and I have a bad throat so I want some nice tap water, not the nasty tasting stuff out of our water containers :(

My Dad was off racing at Santa Pod over the weekend, so when he heard him and his crew that live in Cheltenham went round the rest of the racers collecting water containers :lol: We now have 60 litres anyway. Should be alright.

The houses down the bottom of my girlfriend's house were flooded though, felt real sorry for them. Saw loads of people walking up the road with boxes and cats and stuff...

Suppose it could be much worse though.

Saw loads of people walking up the road with boxes of cats and stuff...

i pissed cos i read it like that lmao

Glade festival was devestating.

Last 4 days in newbury showground, had to move my tent else it would have been underwater!

If you're interested type in glade 2007 into google or you tube or something!

My gf had had enough by midday on the Friday and we tried to leave only to find the roads were now rivers. There was no escape and in trying we trashed the underside of her car - the drive shaft or something. Therefore we had to (thankfully) return to the festival where I had a marvelous time completely drugged out of my face with wet feet all the way. Our friends set up their tent facing the wrong direction and they ended up with a pool tent and wet everything. Good times!

I live in Gloucester, luckily I'm not affected by means of my house being flooded as we are not near the river seven but we have bowsers(sp) as the water has been turned off and will be off for a week minimum, not so fun collecting water because kids are destroying them (heard of kids draining them out, pissing in them(not quite sure how true), builders have also been using water for building! Oh but the girlfriend lives right next to the river seven and she has 10" of water in the house. Here is a photo from the girlfriends window, in the background (top left corner) you can see Gloucester football club, the signs are at the top of the stands so you can see how deep it is.

post-3565-1185293766_thumb.jpg

Many areas near me are majorly flooded as most of you probably have seen on the news/papers etc. Tewksbury must be the worst hit places!

Adam

Edited by thesubway

Wanna go riding but I know I can't get sweaty... gay.

There's no riders in Tewkesbury Adam (cos it's shit) so you won't hear anything from anyone there on here. /Cheltenham snobbery on/ Hopefully the flooding in Gloucester might clean it up a bit /Cheltenham snobbery off/

My local bowser's at the B&Q round the corner apparently. There were massive ques and the police had to be called, what a load of shit. Why are people such utter fannies in these situations, they panic and shit themselves so much even when (in our area at least) it's not exactly a massive crisis where everyone needs to run around filling every container they have with tap water (thanks for making it run out faster f**ktards!) and buying 30 bottles of water from the supermarket (want to think of anyone except yourselves?). I might be more understanding of it in areas like Tewkesbury and badly hit parts of Gloucester but this is rediculous. And as for kids pissing about with the bowsers, I hope they get AIDS.

• 4 weeks later...

Fat Pants's camp site got flooded the other day!

Just thought that might make someone smile :P

Yeah that was in Whitstable anyway (Kent). And the trains were a mess too that day. But other than that I think we've been quite lucky round where I live (chalk bedrock ***). Rubbish weather but not much flood damage, unlike some unfortunate places.