I Think A Big Ride Is In Need

mr_malcolm

from watching the news earlier and seeing so many places in our country getting flooded at the moment i think that we should try and get a huge ride together. i thinking of somewhere like London.

and try and get people to ride bikes to work instead of taking there cars.

and maybe need to get some shirts put together with something like

Don't

Drive

Ride!

on them, because from watching the news they have put all of our weather at the moment down to global warming not just a bad summer with odd weather.

and i think we should try and get as many people as we know to come out, mountain bikers, bmx riders, trials riders and any one that thinks cutting down on co2 emissions is important.

i don't have any specific date or anything yet i just think we need to do one.

and it should also be done no matter what the weather sunny hot day or pouring rain.

if any one would be at all interested in taking part in something like this then please give some ideas etc etc

cheers for your time

from Malcolm

yeah i thought London because its the capital and pretty much every train in the country goes there.

and yeah lots of people would only come if its sunny but personally i think riding in the rain would get the point across even more because every one will get there cars out so they don't get wet.

and riding in the rain is just as much fun :)

yeah it will :(

but I'm thinking if its just a word of mouth thing and every one brings as many people as they can

and just basically have a meeting point like London waterloo at 12 or something.

and I'm sure the shirt idea wont be that hard just cost a bit unless any one knows somewhere that is really cheap, or some one can print shirts them self.

Well if date is set, you post it on the forum and there is enough interest then i don't see why it wouldn't work. O and here is a site that lets would design T-Shirts and it is cheapish, sure if you order lots there would be a discount or something!

http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?sidehop=18...ffiliate=323544

cheers for all the interest guys.

i didn't say it was going to be a wet ride on purpose ash, just saying if it does rain

still go

seeing as every one seems interested IL try and sort a date out for in a few months time or something :)

thinking of maybe a Saturday or Sunday ?

Well if date is set, you post it on the forum and there is enough interest then i don't see why it wouldn't work. O and here is a site that lets would design T-Shirts and it is cheapish, sure if you order lots there would be a discount or something!

http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?sidehop=18...ffiliate=323544

yeah that thing looks cool

could maybe make up a few different desings and people can pick.

if i do the t-shirt thing

I don't mean to sound harsh and critical, but for most of the riders that would attend the big ride, they would have to travel to London via some sort of CO2 emitting vehicle i.e. train, car etc.... so the ride is sort of hypocritical.

However,

The ride and idea sounds really good and would be a really good ride trying to get the point across by uniting all types of riders, as well as being really fun meeting new people and riding new places (well for most of us!!)

[just my view and I'm not trying to convince anyone out of it]

lewis

It would be good to get some media coverage, you could e-mail the bbc or something. The only thing is their is media coverage everyone would have to be super careful not to bash the sh*t out of wall ect... Don't want to give the wrong message across. However i hope this happens becasue it would be amazing. My vote is for it to take place on a saturday becasue i work on Sunday :P

i live up in cumbria so the ride is a bit far away for me..... but get the t-shirts made... they should get the message aross.... u could see about putting them on other riding forums e.g bmx forums and this would eventually get across the whole biking world.... eventually .... great idea though.....do rides all over the uk to raise awareness.....like ' live earth'

i live up in cumbria so the ride is a bit far away for me..... but get the t-shirts made... they should get the message aross.... u could see about putting them on other riding forums e.g bmx forums and this would eventually get across the whole biking world.... eventually .... great idea though.....do rides all over the uk to raise awareness.....like ' live earth'

thats a good idea set up multiple rides

only trouble is i probably wont be able to go much further north then London.

unless i somehow come into lots of money

*ponders on the thought*