Tuck Pic

ConnorPowell

Looks okay to me :)

If you can bring your body/knees into that position on the way up during a sidehop you will get higher :) It is important that you do this on the way up/peak of the move rather than upon landing though :)

But the position of your body looks mint, I wish I tucked that way, I tuck down into the bb area rather than over the back wheel to the side :(

please tell me this is a joke, this whole sidehop tuck crap is getting on my tits.

I know! Totally agree. Whatever happened to just getting on the wall? Why this obsession with 'tucking'? I saw Martyn Ashton sidehop 44" over a bar the other weekend, with no tucking (and from two wheels). Why the need to tuck on things lower than this? I used to 40+ onto walls left or right without 'tucking'.

First saw it when Vince did it, but Vince was going over 50 inches, and I think at that sort of height he had no choice. It's like a trump card, but people seem to be playing it too early.

I know! Totally agree. Whatever happened to just getting on the wall? Why this obsession with 'tucking'? I saw Martyn Ashton sidehop 44" over a bar the other weekend, with no tucking (and from two wheels). Why the need to tuck on things lower than this? I used to 40+ onto walls left or right without 'tucking'.

First saw it when Vince did it, but Vince was going over 50 inches, and I think at that sort of height he had no choice. It's like a trump card, but people seem to be playing it too early.

Hear hear.

You telling me he didnt took? at all? legs still straight in the air, if so thats some raw power.

But more on the topic, what foot forwards are you and which way do you sidehop, i really cant tell by that picture lol.

Matx

no its not any f**king good, cos ur spending all your time on attempting to tuck, all its doing is hindering the actual height of your sidehops, ill bet if u practised going higher instead of pulling of some stupid f**king tuck that isnt necessary on anything below 45" ud improve no end.

even im getting bored of all this now, sorry to single you out who ever you are, but all these people tucking there arse off thinking its getting them sumwere are so annoying.

Dave, stop being ignorant, tucks are needed when the rider can go no higher without. It's not at a certain height.

'Oh i'm trying to do 45", I can tuck now'

im not being ignorant, i manged to sidehop with out tucking, so did a lot of the other members on here, its just all these newbies doing it at every given opportunity, cos they saw damon do it, and all its doing is slowing them down.

im not being ignorant, i manged to sidehop with out tucking, so did a lot of the other members on here, its just all these newbies doing it at every given opportunity, cos they saw damon do it, and all its doing is slowing them down.

Yeah, but you sidehop better when you tuck right?

If you give it your all and dont tuck, your sidehop lower then if you tuck right?

The same applies no matter how good you are.

I agree alot of fairly new people just tuck because it looks good in pictures or whatever but it does help even below 45"

Yeah, but you sidehop better when you tuck right?

If you give it your all and dont tuck, your sidehop lower then if you tuck right?

The same applies no matter how good you are.

I agree alot of fairly new people just tuck because it looks good in pictures or whatever but it does help even below 45"

Cal, I think tucking is only necessary if you are going for 40"+, besides its the old argument of actually tucking the bike into your body or just adding it on once you land.