Your First Bike

trialsjimmy

My very first bike was a modified kids 24" bike. It was a Trek Jazz 'Cherry Bomb' lol! Like I said 24" wheels, 1" threaded headset etc... then I decided to spend £200 on it and replaced the tyres, upgraded the canti brakes to v brakes (the diacomp levers I still have) and some other bits and bobs. Did me ok to learn the basics, then in 1999 I got a Mission Trials Master with HS33 Racelines, oh my god those were the days!! :D Then I got a Brisa B26, then a B26D, then Ian Drummond lent me one of his frames cos i had no money when the B26D broke, then I got an Echo Bounce, then I rode the Mission for a bit more... then I think I must have bought the Ashton Justice that I have now... the best frame ive ever had I might add!

My very first bike was a modified kids 24" bike. It was a Trek Jazz 'Cherry Bomb' lol! Like I said 24" wheels, 1" threaded headset etc... then I decided to spend £200 on it and replaced the tyres, upgraded the canti brakes to v brakes (the diacomp levers I still have) and some other bits and bobs. Did me ok to learn the basics, then in 1999 I got a Mission Trials Master with HS33 Racelines, oh my god those were the days!! :D Then I got a Brisa B26, then a B26D, then Ian Drummond lent me one of his frames cos i had no money when the B26D broke, then I got an Echo Bounce, then I rode the Mission for a bit more... then I think I must have bought the Ashton Justice that I have now... the best frame ive ever had I might add!

wheres the leeson in all of that jonny?

Ben

hey 2 all, what was your first trials bike and how much did it cost?

Im riding a standard onza t-pro 2005 atm and i brought 4 210 2nd hand

hey...my first bike was the 04 t-mag,but i had to sell due to opperation :( looking to get a new one very very shortley.Just dont know what yet :S

Well I got my first bike just over a week ago now, its only a DB T20 cost me 150 from a mate 2nd hand.

I don't care if people say its a rubbish bike, as some one told me its not the bike, its how you ride.

and to be honest whats the point of getting a really good bike and not know how to ride it?.

I would post up a picture of my bike but i dont have any hosted atm sorry.

I had one of those terrible T-Pro things, that was really shitty. It cracked after 6 weeks. How gay.

Then I got a Zona Zip frame, and after a few upgrades, I have my double disc Echo Lite. It is using the BB and rear tube out of the T-Shitter.

post-12135-1191695793_thumb.jpg

Edited by El Muelio

in 1996 i had a cannondale beast of the east and a monty 221 X lite. this was around the time that the video "chainspotting" was out..

beast1.jpg

bit like this

probably a bit before most peoples time on this forum..

at this time V brakes were only just appearing, in fact might not even have existed at all.. in 1997 i got the magura 10th anniversary brakes. they were brilliant. CNC levers. braided hoses..

Edited by crunch

hi i started a bout 2 year ago and my first bike was a magamo rookie :P and it cost me £90 and i lurnd most stuff on that, i had it 4 rufly a year then since then i had about 8-9 bikes all of witch cost me loads of money (about £8000 in total:s)

my currant bike is a onza t-pro as i realy like the ride of them but it is good spec!

i have a couple of clips on this page of me riding notts!

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=106698

cheers Ant

(Y)

Edited by Antilope trials

hi i started a bout 2 year ago and my first bike was a magamo rookie :P and it cost me £90 and i lurnd most stuff on that, i had it 4 rufly a year then since then i had about 8-9 bikes all of witch cost me loads of money (about £8000 in total:s)

my currant bike is a onza t-pro as i realy like the ride of them but it is good spec!

i have a couple of clips on this page of me riding notts!

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=106698

cheers Ant

(Y)

How did you lose £8000?! f**king hell, unless you sold each bike and bought another, and you havn't wokred out what you have actually gained and lost.

I had a T-Pro once. I upgraded it for ever then it ended up as a DD Echo Lite which is up there somewhere ^^.

3230_395.JPG

that's it

i hope there will be some new parts on it ^_^

cheers, Tedo :)

That's cheating, stabilisers aren't allowed in Trials!