Mac Problems

Spikenipple

2. Is there a way to run my iTunes library on an external HD without having to keep any files on my laptop HD?

Go in to your music folder. Select the "iTunes Music" folder and copy it to your external hard drive. Open iTunes and go to Preferences, click the advanced tab and then edit the music folder's location to your external HD. Check your songs work then delete the copy on your internal HD.

Easy peasy.

Yea its called a hammer :)

If it's just a CD-R then yeah just trash it.

If you mean a CD-RW that you can RW up to like 10 times or something you need to hit 'Erase' in disk utilities (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility).

The option is ready for mine but no disc inserted yet..

picture1bc8a0.png

They're not doing it in the UK unfortunately, but what they are doing is this;

Buy a macbook and get a free printer (upto £50 printers I think). So you buy it with the mac, and several months later they refund you the money!

Edit:

I will add that a friend of mine did it about 8 months ago, and they did have the iPod offer on. Might be worth having a chat over the phone to a rep, and seeing if they could do it for you now. I know they sorted me an awesome deal. B)

Edited by Hendrix

Buy a macbook and get a free printer (upto £50 printers I think). So you buy it with the mac, and several months later they refund you the money!

Edit:

I will add that a friend of mine did it about 8 months ago, and they did have the iPod offer on. Might be worth having a chat over the phone to a rep, and seeing if they could do it for you now. I know they sorted me an awesome deal. B)

was it a free boxx?

Edited by Joe_Elding

Apple are currently doing an offer of, buy a macbook for college and get a free ipod.

Baically you buy both and then claim up to $209 back from apple, although I can't see if they are doing this offer in the UK?

any ideas??

See here: OFFER

cheers!

You won't get the same offer in the UK at the moment I don't think, but it might be coming I suppose. I got a free iPod mini with my iBook when I bought that (3 years ago ish). So they do do the offers from time to time.

They weren't at the time but are now..

Don't they usually to the free nano, or price of a nano of anything else?

Back to school deal or some such nonsense.

Yeah - back to school promo. It's running until 31st October. You get £95 rebate against an iPod Nano or iPod Touch when you buy any mac with higher education discount (excluding Mac Mini).

Not too bad, means you only need to put a little bit towards a new 8GB iPod Nano. I wonder if they're just getting rid of old MacBook stocks..

• 2 weeks later...

Not a mac question but I thought some people might be following the Apple news and can help me?

Basically there were some rumours a couple of months ago (in July) that the iPhone was going to be coming out on Orange in the UK, possibly some time in October. Is there any more news on this, is it likely to happen etc? My contract runs out next month and I fancy an iPhone on Orange, but I can't work out if I should be waiting for an announcement. Is there anyone in the know?

Little problem - i'm on my girlfriends I-Mac, and the Kings of Leon CD is stuck in the drive! It won't come out at all. I'm not too mac-literate, so any help, even if you think I've probably already done it, would be much appreciated!

What generation is the Imac? I don't think it should matter but I know I once had the problem on my old ibook and they had a method of ejecting the disk manually.

Yeh, I've been noseying on some forums, its the newest one, it doesn't have the little button you press with a paperclip or what have you. The disc is recognised, and tries ejecting it, but it just makes the noises and doesn't spit the disc out.

Little problem - i'm on my girlfriends I-Mac, and the Kings of Leon CD is stuck in the drive! It won't come out at all. I'm not too mac-literate, so any help, even if you think I've probably already done it, would be much appreciated!

If you restart whilst holding down the (left) mouse button it might eject it. That's the shortcut for my Powerbook, your iMac might be different but I'm not going to google it for you ;)

i want a 13inch mac book, but is the bog standard one any good for photo editing?

can i use my dodgy version of photoshop cs2 on it?

could i hook it up to my monitor at home if i wanted to ?

Yes

No, you need the Mac version which I can supply you with.

Yes