Mac Problems

Spikenipple

Ok so I'm now on Leopard, pretty sweet. Arrived on the 26th as well :D

First thing i've noticed is in the dock when a program is open, it doesn't have a tiny arrow telling you the program is still running....?

Also in finder if you select say 10 photos, you cant view as a slideshow? Only open with preview...

It has a little light underneath.

Select the pictures, hold alt, and the quicklook button in the finder window will change to a play button, press that, and it will be a slideshow :)

So the upgrade disk works on more than 1 mac? Seems odd. Anyway - was the £58 from the Apple store, or online or what?

Yeah from apple uk

It has a little light underneath.

Select the pictures, hold alt, and the quicklook button in the finder window will change to a play button, press that, and it will be a slideshow :)

ahhhhh so there is a little light!

And yeah, alt, cool :) Would never of found that, thanks.

As far as I've heard it's more that Apple trust their users not to pirate it - much, and they make most of their dosh on hardware anyway.

It's really easy to install Leopard on more than one computer :) If you want a 'legal ;)' copy gimme a shout I'll post you one.

How about you post me NFS and GTA instead :D:D

Will The Sims 2 work on my Intel iMac? Ooh, and how about Call of Duty 2 & Quake 4?!

Spec:

2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

256MB VRAM

2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB

500GB Serial ATA Drive

SuperDrive 8X (DVDR-DL/CD-RW)

It's an ATI Radeon card, I don't know the model number off the top of my head...

Will The Sims 2 work on my Intel iMac? Ooh, and how about Call of Duty 2 & Quake 4?!

Spec:

2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

256MB VRAM

2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB

500GB Serial ATA Drive

SuperDrive 8X (DVDR-DL/CD-RW)

It's an ATI Radeon card, I don't know the model number off the top of my head...

That it'll be fine.

Runs fine on my MacBook Pro 2.2ghz 2gb SDRAM 160gb HD.

There's not much you can do with iMacs in terms of the graphics. They're not built to be upgraded. But it's a fairly new computer, should run those games OK, perhaps not at full res though. Certainly the sims will be fine.