New Products From Hope.

Andeee

is the screen shot of the frame on NX4?
Looks like it, although the latest I've used is NX2 so don't hold me to it!
looks like autodesk inventour
Looks alot like solid works to me.......

Adam

pretty sure it is, with the 'solidworks search' thing at the top right (kinda grey in colour)

Need I say more?

p.s +1 Solidworks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Wow what a bump! Only seems like yesterday i posted this but turns out its late 2007.

Mazingly to this day hope still continue to bring out amazing products and new stuff each year.

You know this is a trials forum right?

Oh am sorry i forgot everything had to be deng approved. Even though hope is one of the worlds leading brands for aftermarket parts.

I guess I better take all the non trials specific hope parts off my bike then! While I'm at it.. the tyres, cranks, bb and rims better come off too!

there is million trials specific cranks,rims and bb...Yes hope does produce few parts that are popular in trials,but those cranks...I don´t think so.they look nice though.

In some cases they aren´t,in most cases they are.Those cranks deffinately weren´t intended to be used for trials that´s allI´m saying,wake the fxxk up!

I could see them easily on my inspired and I do trials with it. They weren't intended to be trials cranks but they probably will be stronger than any trials cranks on the market. I used try-all cranks for ages and always ended up braking the spindle or the bearings. Lately If been using MTB cranks like the Holzfeller and SLX and they are way more solid than any trials cranks setup I've had.

I could see them easily on my inspired and I do trials with it. They weren't intended to be trials cranks but they probably will be stronger than any trials cranks on the market. I used try-all cranks for ages and always ended up braking the spindle or the bearings. Lately If been using MTB cranks like the Holzfeller and SLX and they are way more solid than any trials cranks setup I've had.

If you don´t use standard 18:15 gear ratio,than you might be able to use them.But most of "pure" trials riders do use this ratio.For street trials they might be ok for sure,if you don´t mind running bigger bashguard than most.

I remember when all "pure" trials riders used middleburns

I had to sacrifice mine the other day :( They don't have enough clearance for modern frames as they catch on brake cylinders with even the widest b.b aswell.

Modern trials cranks have roughly 35mm clearance where as burns have 28mm.. if burns were to be re-released with a modern clearance id stick by them. But unfortunately times have to change.

with street trials frames becoming hugely popular (especially on this trials forum ;))...i wouldnt be surprised to see these cranks on a number of steeds here

depending on the price and how the bashring would fit, they could be a viable alternative to burns/saints*/holz etc...and with the hope quality and customer service, it wouldnt be a poor choice

* which incidently are also not specifically designed for 'trials', but are really rather good at it

Edited by chris4stars

They started off as normal mtb cranks though and just had the fitment changed, is my point - the arms themselves are bombproof and if Hope's gear is anything to go by i see no reason why these couldn't be the same.

I´m not saying they aren´t high quality parts.But they wouldn´t fit on most of the recent trials frames because of chainring clearence issues,on my ozonys even 18t freewheel rubbed when used with 127mm BB and it´s very tight setup on my 06 pitbull too.So for inspireds they might be good,but that´s all I´m afraid.

SO many people run the street style trials 24" setup (more than just the inspireds) that its would be well worth putting them into production....aswell as the older school frames that are still very popular, and any other frames that do fit the likes of middleburns

would also be very popular with the trend of street/trails bikes aswell i imagine

so all in all, the market available for them probably (at a guess) dwarfs the market available for trials specific 18t style cranks