New Products From Hope.

Andeee

no i didnt count the bikes...why should i?! what has it got to do with anything?!

over the last few years i have seen SOOO many street style 24 (and now 26") bikes in this forum that would be able to take middleburn style cranks (which these may very well turn into in the final development stage). You need to accept that its a very popular (growing) area, and users of this forum include alot of these riders

the inspired skye thread was one of the most popular, and my new bike is somehow on the second page of all time (166 pages i think?) on a trials forum and by your logic is not a proper trials bike?!

alot of interest on a trials forum for bikes that arent design for trials huh?!

failing that, count the number of topics on non trials specific parts...or the number of bikes riden on here by riders running non trials specific parts (as a result of them being better than the trials specific).

what you need to realise is that some of these products appeal alot to the riders who consider trials to be more than your UCI etc stuff. 1 example - SAINT cranks are not trials specific, but youd be hard pushed to find anyone who'd say they wernt VERY good for big street trials.

Good example,Saint cranks or even slx cranks are stiffer than any of trials specific cranks,BUT YOU CAN´T USE THEM ON TRIALS SPECIFIC FRAME.and no,inspired is not what is considered to be trial specific these days,this is http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_frames/echo_pure_2011_with_bb/c14p11476.html

im lost?!

should street trials riders find another forum?!

this isnt a 'pure trials specific competition style bike forum'....and ALOT of us dont have what you call a 'trials specific frame'

can you not just accept that?! maybe accept that people like to ride trials on frames that are not to your taste?!

its pretty simple surely :S

im lost?!

should street trials riders find another forum?!

this isnt a 'pure trials specific competition style bike forum'....and ALOT of us dont have what you call a 'trials specific frame'

can you not just accept that?! maybe accept that people like to ride trials on frames that are not to your taste?!

its pretty simple surely :S

Nah,they shouldn´t find another forum,but that doesn´t change the fact I´ve stated before,does it?Now try to actually think before you respond.Think hard.

Nah,they shouldn´t find another forum,but that doesn´t change the fact I´ve stated before,does it?Now try to actually think before you respond.Think hard.

excuse me?! so are you the internet tough guy now?!

so....what is your point, what exactly is the fact youve stated? that these cranks dont fit on the 'trials specific frames'?

we know that you tit!! it appealed to the street riding/middleburn style enthusiasts AS WAS MADE CLEAR AT THE BEGINNING!!!! how many times to i need to re-iterate the point that alot of members are interested in this sort of stuff?!

so with a little thought...

your first comment that sparked it all, "You know this is a TRIALS forum right?" was unneeded - we do know that, we have street TRIALS bikes and we all typed 'trials-forum' into the computer - we know where we are

you could have then refrained from stating that these cranks would only be popular if they had a screw on thread...fair enough if its your opinion, but alot of people im sure think they would be popular anyway

QED

Again http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_frames/c14.html 20frames in category,those cranks would fit on 2 maybe 3(inspired,inspired and maybe because street) of them.That´s example how small % of frames and of course people could use those cranks and that was my point.And I believe even though inspireds are getting more and more popular,the big majority of the people here own bike that couldn´s use them.If you can,good for you,go buy them.I know we won´t see many of them here,just like we don´t see many saints here.

they may only represent a small % of the range available, but its the volume of whats sold that count.....only tarty know that. half the 'trials' riders in edinburgh (at one stage last year) could have the option of running 'burns style cranks

the majority of riders here may not ride a street trials bike (or old school frame that may be compatable)....but they are still popular. all i know is that they crop up in the videos and bike pictures section pretty often

we dont see many saints on the street bikes here - i imagine due to necessity and price....weight may be a factor but most steet bike riders dont seem to be quite as fussy...how many really need a bombproof crank for £200?

then again, non trials specific chris king components crop up often...so who knows

we do see alot of middleburns here - they offer a lifetime warranty with heavy duty/easy to get hold of bashrings...plenty available second hand etc and have always been popular in that 'old school' way

a hope option (like all of their parts) is always attractive. the quality is great and customer service second to none...i imagine that with tweeks to allow them to be used with the inspired style bash and a 22t chainring (similar to the saints) AND at the right price, they would feature on a number of rides

*on a side note - a far less popular 'trials' product (in comparison) would in my mind would be the V-brake (going on the % of users here)....still, a good few use them and prefer them over any other brake.

IF by chance, a topic on a new V-brake emerges, try to resist identical comments to this thread...just let the V-brake enthusiasts enjoy the conversation on them ;)

hope...fully thats an end to all that. goodnight to this topic from me

Edited by chris4stars

To summarise Ghostbuster88; Not all parts for all bikes.

No shit! This is nothing new, with trials riders (with seats and without so chill the f**k out) using non trials-specific parts since the dawn of time. Sometimes because they were all that's available, though more recently because they're just simply better than half the shit "trials-specific" parts that are put out.

Ghostrider88, would you also like to banish people to the depths of hell for using BB7s, vee brakes, non-Deng headsets, Shimano BBs, Wellgo pedals, Conti tyres?

No? Thought not.

they may only represent a small % of the range available, but its the volume of whats sold that count.....only tarty know that. half the 'trials' riders in edinburgh (at one stage last year) could have the option of running 'burns style cranks

the majority of riders here may not ride a street trials bike (or old school frame that may be compatable)....but they are still popular. all i know is that they crop up in the videos and bike pictures section pretty often

we dont see many saints on the street bikes here - i imagine due to necessity and price....weight may be a factor but most steet bike riders dont seem to be quite as fussy...how many really need a bombproof crank for £200?

then again, non trials specific chris king components crop up often...so who knows

we do see alot of middleburns here - they offer a lifetime warranty with heavy duty/easy to get hold of bashrings...plenty available second hand etc and have always been popular in that 'old school' way

a hope option (like all of their parts) is always attractive. the quality is great and customer service second to none...i imagine that with tweeks to allow them to be used with the inspired style bash and a 22t chainring (similar to the saints) AND at the right price, they would feature on a number of rides

*on a side note - a far less popular 'trials' product (in comparison) would in my mind would be the V-brake (going on the % of users here)....still, a good few use them and prefer them over any other brake.

IF by chance, a topic on a new V-brake emerges, try to resist identical comments to this thread...just let the V-brake enthusiasts enjoy the conversation on them ;)

hope...fully thats an end to all that. goodnight to this topic from me

I know it´s about the volume,but you can´t expect they sell more of those 3frames than other 17together.But lets finish this.I agree with you,that hope just as chris king produces very high quality bikeparts and those cranks could be benefical for us,if they tweak them a little.And just to let you know,I use dual Vees ;) just because they are better than HS and disc and I can use them on my bike without any problems.Btw there isn´t trials specific rim brake that actually doesn´t have design flaws(echo) as HS is not trial specific ;)

T

Ghostrider88, would you also like to banish people to the depths of hell for using BB7s, vee brakes, non-Deng headsets, Shimano BBs, Wellgo pedals, Conti tyres?

No? Thought not.

No I wouldn´t,because those parts you mentioned fit on any bike you want if you chose the right size/lenght.Like I said above,I run dual vees,crankbrothers headset,wellgo pedals and conti tires front and rear and I used to run BB7...I wouldn´t be able to use those cranks whether I like them or not.If they change their design so they fit my bike,I will be first in the line to buy them.Is that clear now?Is it so bad that I prefer parts that fit?

You're training to be a doctor, right? I can only assume you haven't done the 'bedside manner' module yet? I really feel sorry for your future patients...

I don´t see the relation between my debate here and my doctor career?As far as I know,most of the patients doesn´t debate with doctor about bikeparts,but maybe I just haven´t met them yet...Saying that this debate makes me worse doc in the future is just plain stupid,just like saing that by arguing at the internet you will become worse in anything you do.Total nonsense.I´ve examined tens of patients and noone complained.Thank you.

Yes, but not all parts fit all bikes. Let's HUGELY overestimate a bit here and assume that every bicycle owner in the world was to buy a set of these cranks. Now let's make another huge overestimate and say that trials riders (of all types please) make up 10% of that group. Even throwing in another ridiculous overestimate and suggesting that 95% of those trials riders are on bikes that they refuse to use compatible parts on, Hope still have an enormous market for these cranks. If some trials riders choose to run them, then so be it, where's the beef coming from?

It's like arguing that a set of cranks are totally useless because they're not threaded for a freewheel. Oh, wait. :rolleyes:

Yes, but not all parts fit all bikes. Let's HUGELY overestimate a bit here and assume that every bicycle owner in the world was to buy a set of these cranks. Now let's make another huge overestimate and say that trials riders (of all types please) make up 10% of that group. Even throwing in another ridiculous overestimate and suggesting that 95% of those trials riders are on bikes that they refuse to use compatible parts on, Hope still have an enormous market for these cranks. If some trials riders choose to run them, then so be it, where's the beef coming from?

It's like arguing that a set of cranks are totally useless because they're not threaded for a freewheel. Oh, wait. :rolleyes:

there´s no beef luke,all I was saying is,that those cranks doesn´t fit most of the trial bikes here,and I would say it´s important as this is trials forum.I´m not saying anything about hope parts or any non-trials branded parts,like I said before,all those parts you named have one thing in common,they fit on all bikes,becase they use some standard sizing(tires)/threads(pedals)/mounts(vees,disc),for cranks,there isn´t such a thing in trials oriented market and it´s sad,because a lot of mtb/dh manufacturers offer interesting parts that are better than actual trials specific parts,the only problem and I think it´s quite important is,they don´t fit.do you think I wouldn´t use slx cranks which are stiffer lighter and maybe stronger than trials specific cranks/BB combo?Of course I would,I´m not a moron,but I can´t do that and I don´t think I ever will be able to do that,because shimano doesn´t need to produde screw on version or even 18t version of those cranks for such a small market as trials is.See?I know there´s plenty of parts better designed than trial parts outside of trials world wich I use,if they fit.What´s wrong about stating the obvious?

Perhaps then its the pure trials frames designs that are wrong then?

I don´t know if it´s wrong,in some way it might be,but in some way they are designed the best it can be for trials purposes.On the other hand,I´m sure it wouldn´t be a problem for such a big manufacturer as shimano or hope to produce 18t version of their cranks,but they don´t need to do that for those few hundreds who would buy them.

Edited by ghostrider88