Leeds Crimbo Ride !

Ben Lazenby

ye, but i was well dissapointed.

i can honestly say, trials bikes have become pogo sticks (N):(

Ali im dissapointed you werent there, id have been half entertained otherwise. sorry to be negative, but i have always said leeds is pants (get kicked off everywhere and its really not that great) and exactly that happened, i had more fun trying to get up walls and entertaining myself on my crutches :(

was kool to catch up with a few people old and new, and im sure if alot of others are honest, the day was a sidehop fest. maybe im just getting old???

but the locations were: Granite walls, got kicked off, all that happened was sidehops (and a couple of wheelswops thrown in) then off to art gallery, again, id say art gallery was more of a gap fest, but it turned into a sidehop fest :S then up to the UNI a couple of spots but again, it was all sidehop fests. maybe i woke up the wrong side of the bed and maybe it was just me been miserable.

but i can honestly say anyone who didnt go didnt miss anything. after xmas rides need to be in places that you can do the following:

1) not get kicked off

2) not get into trouble with anus security guards

3) not get in the way of fellow pedestrians (as this again just makes trials look bad and as if were just a gang of thugs)

4) some where that caters for anyone and everyone to have a go (so ALL riders can ride at things without seeming over powered by someone better than them)

the list could go on, but thats my scrooge winge outta the way, sorry if people think thats not very nice, but im an honest person and speak my mind.

Wayne

Ps il prob get a bit of a side hop bashing for that, but it was the trueth! honest.......

You'll have to come over for a blast when you're back ont bike..just a few of us like. There's some proper good spots if you know where you're going and we never get kicked off anywhere with like, 6 of us :)

Massive rides are pretty lame in Leeds though. None of the spots really lend themselves well to having about 50 riders and you just can't get anything done cos they're too confined. Not like Bristol where you've got Castle Park and Lloyds - huge open spots with loads of different walls.

Edited by boon

ye for sure boon (Y):)

dont get me wrong the atmosphere was kool, a good laugh etc.

i just was bored!!!! i reverted back to trying to get up walls on me frigging crutches for christ sake, and i was getting up walls totally different than the bikes were!!! :lol:

Boon it will be around early Feb when im back on bike, just pottering stuff, chilling and laughing etc. pot comes off around the 20th, going to go see Si in Bristol when i go visit the GF dad and her grandparents. then going to strengthen it back up for a week or 2 then start light trials on it.

Mr Read couldnt agree more, natural is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better, you dont get kicked off, you stil have banter and a laugh and its not 3miles between each riding spot.

Wayne.

i thought i was orite to be honest, met some new faces and shizzle

the weather was shite yes and we got kicked off everywhere but its alot better to ride leeds on sundays, but the problem with that is the shitty train times :(

cheers boltyyy....

What places did you lot actually go to? You just need someone who knows there way around not just go to normal places like

Playhouse, That shitty 44" wall at uni , granite walls and art gallery.Theres places like round the other side of uni which is better,past uni

places near station that people never go to.

oh my god i've just got back

i had a laugh!!! met a few new faces at last...and blasted out some wheel swaps :P

but i dunno if it was worth a 5 hour car journey lol

You wern't the one driving! It was alright, wasn't what I expected really, but not bad, as people are saying I can imagine it's better on smaller riders moving on more often and going to more spots, I ride more on smaller rides any way.