Documentary About Biketrials.

biketrialler

Hello,

I used to ride trials about 2-3 years ago until other commitments got too much and I ended up stopping riding - its just the way things went. I'm now in my second year of a media production degree course at Lincoln University which is going extremely well - for my second piece of work this year we are to do a 10 minute documentary about whatever we feel fit to. I'm thinking do one about the representation of biketrials in the wider spread community - what adults of around 30-50 think about the sport, if they even know about it, and then to investigate why they think what they do. I'm expecting most to be fairly negative - touching on ideas like vandalism, being a nuisance and getting in the way, trespassing, etc. I then want to make a section about the riders of the sport talking about what makes it so great to provide a balanced view of biketrials from all perspectives. Possibly ending on a mid ground where the need for a trials arena/park would be the end of the documentary.

I was wondering if anybody on here has any information on perspectives of adults on the sport - not your parents, cos they'll know what the sport is - but what you reckon people on the whole think about it. Also, what you think makes the sport great, i'm expecting ideas like good for fitness, social, personal challenge etc...

My team will be shooting action footage in the Lincoln/Nottingham area so if you are anywhere near me and want to get involved with interviews, riding in it, or anything else that you think would be useful to me, contact me on benniferj@gmail.com

Please discuss below, i'm looking forward to see what you think. If I can get enough support with this then not only will it help me and my team get a great grade, but it could also get put on television, be shown at film festivals and generally get some public attention.

Cheers!

Ben.

Cheers for the useful replies, please keep them coming because they WILL be read and acted upon! Especially looking for people in the Lincoln/Notts area to help out.

The London ride - its a possible, but its around a 2 hour journey at least and I reckon we can get similar footage from somewhere more local - it doesn't need to be a massive ride, just one with a few decent and participating riders on it. But its a vague possibility.

The Tyketrial, its on my list of things to do - I was already planning to phone to organisers to check its ok to bring a few beasty cameras up and film it and maybe arrange an interview with one of the people that runs the event.

Keep the comments coming :)

The Tyketrial, its on my list of things to do - I was already planning to phone to organisers to check its ok to bring a few beasty cameras up and film it and maybe arrange an interview with one of the people that runs the event.

Keep the comments coming :)

Thats a really good idea, hope it turns out alright for you!

If you were thinking of doing the competition idea, theres a hampshire comp on this sunday, and an ebtc round on the sunday after, there a bit closer for you.

Or you could film a round of the british championship when they start up again next year?

Good luck with it all (Y)(Y)

You would be very welcome to come along to the event. We have around 80+ entries per trial aged from 6 year old to around 40ish. Spectators include adults of all ages, including grandparents, and sometimes World Champ mototrials riders! The 2nd December is at Addingham Moorside, the 2005 World Round venue so should be some good sections to film!

If there is anything we can do to help just give us a call.

TykeTrial

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, any more ideas/offers of helping out with us coming to your rides (Local to Lincoln! So Notts, Loughborough, Leeds etc - or even in Lincoln itself!)

We'll definitely be at that Tyketrial round on the 2nd to film and try and interview some riders.

Im just going to message a few people who offered help now and try and arrange some meets. Ta.Ben