GlynnP

The Design Thread

563 posts in this topic

Everyone goes mad over bold...

picture1e1cbd.jpg

Oh, and expect me to post nothing but this logo and magazine spreads for the next 3 months :P

looks extraordinarily similar to your avatar lol

i am not so keen on the bold version, stick to the one above it i think

Try just a bold R or RE Jon, Could look good.......

Logo2012.jpg

Not too keen on the text, think that will be changed abit

Thats better than the official one. haha (Y)

Yay my 1st vektor is nearly finished :)

post-1997-1204222703_thumb.jpg

i think the eyes are to blue though...?

Edited by Davetrials

Yay my 1st vektor is nearly finished :)

i think the eyes are to blue though...?

Photoshop?

yar, got illustrator and couldnt work it lol

I think it's the lack of shading that makes them look weird? They look really flat, plus the eye on the right side of the image is in a shaded area, but is really bright, so it looks "Wrong"?

yar, got illustrator and couldnt work it lol

Then that's just a bitmap.

It does look good though.

Illustrator has a pretty steep learning curve, find some tutorials online.

I had the idea it was simelar to use as PS, so when i got it working i was unpleasently surpised to relise it wasnt and i wasnt in the mood at the time to learn a whole new programme

OK someone correct me if i am wrong and sorry dave if i am wrong but that is no vector piece.

Vector is jus the name for the way a computer processes an image. a vector piece will never pixelate no matter how big you blow it up because all the lines are worked out using mathmatical eqations. You can produce a vector piece in photoshop using the pen tool set to the correct settings. But the best way is to use a vector based programe like illustrator.

I may be wrong on this part but what you have produced is not vector dave because your layers are not correct. a vectore layer on photoshop will look like this

vectorlayersyb3.jpg

Where as you can see yours dont so either you have not used the pen tool correctly/ or not used at all, or you have rasterized the layer meaning it is no longer a vector and just another bitmap.

Does look nice though but now do it in real vector ( sorry again if i am wrong and it is )

OK someone correct me if i am wrong and sorry dave if i am wrong but that is no vector piece.

Where as you can see yours dont so either you have not used the pen tool correctly/ or not used at all, or you have rasterized the layer meaning it is no longer a vector and just another bitmap.

Does look nice though but now do it in real vector ( sorry again if i am wrong and it is )

You are quite correct. :)

no ur right, i just called it a vektor as i thort that kid of image was called that, and i did use the pen tool its took me along time to get get as far as i have, but its far from perfect, ive got illustrator, i just need to learn it

Thats cool wasnt slating your piece i think its a good piece and i mean i am rubbish at realistic vector pieces i like to make mine not so realistic i think just being theres a point were some people get so good at it just look so close to a photo no point.

but keep trying you will soon pick up illustrator its a nice tool and you will find it useful in the futur if u can use it

someone post :D

I'm sure you'll apreciate this i just saw. Sooooo sick. Look at the picture gallery particularly the last 4 or so.

I just whacked up business card, letterhead andenvelope designs for AMP that i'll post soon :) Not much good though, never done anything like it before.

hey jon thats awsome intro really like it nice and simple but looks good

A few ideas for a sports clinic place

Abit stuck for ideas.. I'll post the final one up when it's done (Y)

HSCConcepts.jpg

Feedback on my latest flyer?

EDIT: Uber large... hold on.

Right, the date isn't right, it's just there to finish the flyer until I get the date confirmed... what do you think?

My design is getting better I reckon :)

flyersmallji2.jpg

Edited by TheScientist

Not Bad

Only a few things i would change is i dont really like the text for "forward" dont know if that can be changed or if its a company or event name that cant change the text.

and maybe theres abit too much glow around the DJ names

Here is a dragon I have done for an animation project in Vancouver, I intended to do the whole dragon but didn´t have time with the current stuff I am doing:

gallery_651_1875_32624.jpg

Was made all in Photoshop/Illustrator, and was taken from this sketch I done:

gallery_651_1875_29524.jpg

I am doing alot of cartoon stuff for Illustrators at the moment. Never went to uni, college or anything just got work through making contacts.

Cheers, Dan

try not to throw in a lens flare just cos you can. Cool dragon though !

Nice picture, though I get the feeling you added Lens flare purely to fill the empty space?

Bad idea, Lens Flare is not a good effect :)

I like the actual picture, but try putting a subtle gradient behind the whole thing and removing the Lens Flare