The Design Thread

GlynnP

• 2 weeks later...

OK someone correct me if i am wrong and sorry dave if i am wrong but that is no vector piece.

Vector is jus the name for the way a computer processes an image. a vector piece will never pixelate no matter how big you blow it up because all the lines are worked out using mathmatical eqations. You can produce a vector piece in photoshop using the pen tool set to the correct settings. But the best way is to use a vector based programe like illustrator.

I may be wrong on this part but what you have produced is not vector dave because your layers are not correct. a vectore layer on photoshop will look like this

vectorlayersyb3.jpg

Where as you can see yours dont so either you have not used the pen tool correctly/ or not used at all, or you have rasterized the layer meaning it is no longer a vector and just another bitmap.

Does look nice though but now do it in real vector ( sorry again if i am wrong and it is )

OK someone correct me if i am wrong and sorry dave if i am wrong but that is no vector piece.

Where as you can see yours dont so either you have not used the pen tool correctly/ or not used at all, or you have rasterized the layer meaning it is no longer a vector and just another bitmap.

Does look nice though but now do it in real vector ( sorry again if i am wrong and it is )

You are quite correct. :)

Thats cool wasnt slating your piece i think its a good piece and i mean i am rubbish at realistic vector pieces i like to make mine not so realistic i think just being theres a point were some people get so good at it just look so close to a photo no point.

but keep trying you will soon pick up illustrator its a nice tool and you will find it useful in the futur if u can use it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Feedback on my latest flyer?

EDIT: Uber large... hold on.

Right, the date isn't right, it's just there to finish the flyer until I get the date confirmed... what do you think?

My design is getting better I reckon :)

flyersmallji2.jpg

Edited by TheScientist

Not Bad

Only a few things i would change is i dont really like the text for "forward" dont know if that can be changed or if its a company or event name that cant change the text.

and maybe theres abit too much glow around the DJ names

Here is a dragon I have done for an animation project in Vancouver, I intended to do the whole dragon but didn´t have time with the current stuff I am doing:

gallery_651_1875_32624.jpg

Was made all in Photoshop/Illustrator, and was taken from this sketch I done:

gallery_651_1875_29524.jpg

I am doing alot of cartoon stuff for Illustrators at the moment. Never went to uni, college or anything just got work through making contacts.

Cheers, Dan