The Design Thread

GlynnP

Well going by the skill level of some of the people who just graduated from my course, f**king nothing.

First year was spent going over the BASICS of PS/Illust/InDesign. Some of these people had never even seen a Mac let alone used one, same with the software, however I'm sure things would be different at a decent uni.

I did a BTEC ND in Graphic Design at College, then went straight to Uni, so obviously I had some skill, I would have said if you're of a standard now where you can "design" things then you should be okay. If you go along with a portfolio you should get in easy enough, that Heatsink shirt will help quite a bit :)

Edited by Mark King

Well going by the skill level of some of the people who just graduated from my course, f**king nothing.

First year was spent going over the BASICS of PS/Illust/InDesign. Some of these people had never even seen a Mac let alone used one, same with the software, however I'm sure things would be different at a decent uni.

I did a BTEC ND in Graphic Design at College, then went straight to Uni, so obviously I had some skill, I would have said if you're of a standard now where you can "design" things then you should be okay. If you go along with a portfolio you should get in easy enough, that Heatsink shirt will help quite a bit :)

So a portfolio is the best option then, The collage which im going to, there isn't a solely graphic design course, So i couldnt do that.

I chose to do a media course that has a graphic unit within it.

Good idea?

Adam.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Thought I'd kick this thread off again, last post was last year.

Final year for me, just over two months left >_< I've got two nice live briefs that im working on plus my final major.

Here's a pic of a poster for a new sneaker shop called 'Laceup', opening soon. I'm designing the identity, stationery a hand full of 762 x 508mm posters for the shop and to send out, plus bags, flyers, stickers..... Pretty lucky to pick this job up and so is the guy im doing it for, he's getting all the design work done for free, all he has to do is pay for the printing when he needs the stuff. Will be a nice one for my portfolio too.

Not a great pic, will get some more up soon.

09sneakercollection.jpg

Edited by Mr_scott

I really like them Craig. You got a real talent for this kinda stuff.

But I reccon the Holy Grail one needs a little bit more maybe? Dunno. Might be cool if the paper was all scrunched up/creased except for the wording. Dont even know if thats the point?

You can completely ignore me if you wish......

Can someone please give me a link to a program free download, that will able me to design things like trials parks etc.

Preferably not one that you have to enter all your details to.

Cheers Sprog (Y)

EDIT:soon please

Edited by Sprog!

• 2 weeks later...