The Design Thread

GlynnP

Using the top and bottom ones at the moment, they prefer those. Top one came to me as I was falling asleep last night :P

EDIT: Mike, they're Portuguese and hot, I'm not gonna argue.

Edited by JonMack

• 3 weeks later...

They didn't end up using the work I did, but I still did work for them :) also just finishing off a site for an artist on the same management label, and just pitched for another site too, plus my friend might be hooking me up with a couple of jobs too. Good times. I wish I didn't have an overdraft so all this could go on a new computer :(

Is that what used to be called digital graphics and interactive media?

If so i did that course pretty nice course with some good units.

As for the interview i am not being funny they take on anyone into ND courses so you dont need to practise for the interview much

Is that what used to be called digital graphics and interactive media?

If so i did that course pretty nice course with some good units.

As for the interview i am not being funny they take on anyone into ND courses so you dont need to practise for the interview much

Yeah thats the one. I got about ten things printed out decently, other things are like sketches and shizz. My mates also got his interview, but how much do they expect in a portfolio? He hasnt been doing it long, ive been teaching him the basics really.

I went there with only about 10 things i had produced mainly digital graphics and website designs i had no tradition graphics work

Trust me you could get onto itg with no portfolio as long as you say you are willing to give it all ago and wnat to learn

They like to make out u have to work to get onto the course but you really dont its a ND they will take anyone its not like going to uni were you do have to work to get in

I went there with only about 10 things i had produced mainly digital graphics and website designs i had no tradition graphics work

Trust me you could get onto itg with no portfolio as long as you say you are willing to give it all ago and wnat to learn

They like to make out u have to work to get onto the course but you really dont its a ND they will take anyone its not like going to uni were you do have to work to get in

Haha youve just reduced my stress levels quite substantionally.

Here's a real rush job I did for our city's magazine. That's our frumpy little downtown area. Hope you like.

That's sick, I wish I could draw.

If I look back at my college portfolio (or school portfolio for that matter) it makes me wonder how the f**k I got anywhere. Newport was a piece of piss to get into (then again the course was shit, but that's life).

In other news I just pitched for a new website, could be a good one.

In other news I just pitched for a new website, could be a good one.

Heard back from them, discussions start on Monday, although it's not definite yet.

More Avant Garde manipulation,

draft04711dc.png

EDIT: Still waiting for the content :)

Edited by JonMack

Illustration looks nice Tappets, you got an online portfolio or anything?

Jam poster is looking good Mack.

Final deadline for my degree on the 15th! 9 days of late nights for me, checking, double checking and over checking. Wish me luck!

deskxzq.jpg

I know, I need a Mac.

Thanks all,

Happened across this old one. Sadly, the last thing I've done by hand in some time. Makes me laugh. The oil that I used to blend the pencils turned the paper yellow, but it still works I guess.

Digging the designs on the wall there, Mr Scott. Good idea to paste it all up around you too.

Nice work JonMack. I'm not very good with creative type use and design. Seriously like the floral element in the background. Real clean!

No real online portfolio yet. Working on a dedicated site. One of these days...

post-18816-1241619577_thumb.jpg

Final deadline for my degree on the 15th! 9 days of late nights for me, checking, double checking and over checking. Wish me luck!

deskxzq.jpg

I know, I need a Mac.

You need a Mac ;)

Good luck though, I know just how stressful it is, not fun!!

Nice work JonMack. I'm not very good with creative type use and design. Seriously like the floral element in the background. Real clean!

Thanks mate :)

Dunno if you can really call it design but i am kind of starting myspace designing.

Doing custom layouts for bands etc.

Looks like you got a nice number of clients! You ever get overloaded feel free to send some my way hah!

Here's a real rush job I did for our city's magazine. That's our frumpy little downtown area. Hope you like.

I like this one alot, what software did you use to make it?

Got a bit a vector look, but doesn't seem like it's done in illustrator.

Something I did..

Never bothered to finish it, I suck at making realistic vectors, I prefer cartoony stuff :P

pedalupvector.jpg

the undead are cool :P

theundeadm.jpg

Edited by omgnoseat