The Design Thread

GlynnP

I am into product design dont get me wrong i am not great at it but i like peoples work and would like to give it a proper go some time.

Also am into illustration mainly digital not great with my hand and drawing but i give it a go.

Agreed, very nice work!

As for the furniture side, thats where im looking to go with my career, as much as I enjoy graphic design/web design im not interested enough to learn about everything else, Im useless at code (always handed designs over to coders to finish) and feel i would very easily become anoyed with non-stop computer work.

3d/furniture work im much happier learning everything, I can weld and work with wood/metal/plastic/resin and enjoy it. been studying 5 years and on my final year of a BA Now!!! wooo...

Some work on my site: www.br3n.co.uk if anyone wants to voice an opinion.

all design fields intercept somewhere, all design is relevant to other design so nothing is lost.

In my opinion, the biggest hurdle in design is working out what you like and dislike, and importantly understanding why you like and dislike them... harder than it seams and you'll find yourself saying "Just in general" a lot, which doesnt help!

Edited by br3n

Absolutely amazing work. How long does one take you roughly?

Muchos respectos.

thanks man!

ermmm can vary really, that vector of my brother took bout 24hours all together!!

but then others can take between half an hour and all day!!

working on a YCN project at the moment for radley handbags!! haha

VVVVVVVVVVVV

2088200097_f95ae08cc4_b.jpg

cheers

dan

Dont want to work as a graphic designer, still doing my course - only half a year left and im Brendan Patterson B.A. :)

Besides been unofficially offered a placement at www.tintab.com once qualified, won't be as much dollar to start with but a better job.

Dont want to work as a graphic designer, still doing my course - only half a year left and im Brendan Patterson B.A. :)

Besides been unofficially offered a placement at www.tintab.com once qualified, won't be as much dollar to start with but a better job.

Good choice dude, I'd stick with it.

Shame about having to turn down that dollar at a graphic design job would be my life dream.

But i must say wel done for following your dream and finishing your course.

That interior company looks awsome though some great work they are doing.

Good Luck

second thingy ever in illustrator

No idea if it is any good, i'm always too proud of my own stuff :P

So please tell me what you guys think about it =]

agonyskull2tt8.gif

And yea, I was feeling a bit down :P

The idea behind it, is that this man is suffering from extreme pain [agony], thus his eyes are bleeding and his soul is leaving his body trough his mouth and eyes.

Bit emo, but meh.