The Design Thread

GlynnP

Finished direct-mail design.. Has to be in tomorow so had to quickly knock up the back (the bottom one)

(Original headless images on previous page)

rnidmailervo9.jpg

So what should I do as a DJ? I stand next to the loudspeakers AND have headphones at almost max volume.

In fact, I am deaf in my left ear now and my right is going muffled so I think there's my answer :(

not read the topic properly yet, but can anybody give me links to a decent forum or website that does stuff simelar to urban mamoth, i love that stuff but have no idea how to do any of it, but id love to learn

1st time doing vectors:D

dont look at it in fullsize lol

the face is shite, i couldnt do it lol

post-1997-1200694455_thumb.jpg

Shrewers at Deej ride?

So what should I do as a DJ? I stand next to the loudspeakers AND have headphones at almost max volume.

In fact, I am deaf in my left ear now and my right is going muffled so I think there's my answer :(

didnt you learn anything from its all gone pete tong?

does anyone know how to get 3D max?

download the demo from autodesk.com

for legal free usage try to find a copy of Autodesk GMax. It's a free version that doesn't include the renderer but does have most of the polygon modelling tools (it's a bit out of date compared to max 2008 but the basics are there) and the interface is basically the same.

that said - if you're wanting decent free modelling software the the PLE version of Maya is more up to date than GMAX and should be a lot easier to find (again - autodesk.com). You might also consider softimage XSI - there's a free version of XSI v4.2 for modding halflife 2 that came out with the game so you should still be able to find that.

Max shits on all the others as far as modelling tools are concerned though :P

yer.

how the hell do you do the whole headless thing?

i'd say the best way is take 2 identical pics 1 with the person and 1 without the make 2 layers put the one without the person on the bottom and the other on top, then use the eraser on his head until hes headless.

Got to design a set of salad servers :( needs to be a complete project by Friday. Fun fun fun!

How can ou even make a project out of that lmao

i'd say the best way is take 2 identical pics 1 with the person and 1 without the make 2 layers put the one without the person on the bottom and the other on top, then use the eraser on his head until hes headless.

He did one with a guy with his hood up.

and you can see the section of speeker that would be facing in towards his ear.

Edited by Davetrials

He did one with a guy with his hood up.

and you can see the section of speeker that would be facing in towards his ear.

Yeah, I took the main picture of myself with the headphones on..

Then took the hoody off and set it up on the floor to match the original shot and took another photo of that

Then just photoshopped it over the head and edited away any other bits.. For the headphones I took photos of different sections of the headphones and then built it up around the bit's that were visible on the original photograph.. Not sure if that makes sense :S

who ever said how can u make a project from salad servers? easy.

there's a huge amount of work that could be done to couple to the design such as ergonomics, anthropometrics

who uses them? not children is it. etc

projects are quite fun. can be made from anything and contain as much as u like.

we are doing a project for marks and spencers to design a 'green' product