The Design Thread

GlynnP

It's supposed to be a promotional video for a magazine/website, rather than a splash intro.

Fooled me haha :P Nah it's really good though, only thing i would crit is that the lines going up are a bit messed up at one point. The one 2nd in from the right seems to hang back and then suddenly jolt forward.

Companies and universities are actively looking at people's online presence to decide whether they accept their applications or not. People have been refused from Oxbridge already for stuff they've done on Facebook, and it happens with the world of work too.

Forums are great places to get a shitload of constructive criticism before you advertise your work. If your site looks shit, it's better for it to look shit in front of 25 anonymous people rather than in front of the client.

Forums are a great place to learn a lot more about every aspect of your life, pretty much.

Forums are also a great place to get support and help (when you need it) for many aspects of your life.

Networking is a crucial aspect of your life if you're going to get into design or media jobs, as it's all about who you know. Instead of f**king people off, getting to know people and develop connections with people from an early age is a great idea.

sorry.. but that was just so overly fag i hate to quote it

i wanna have sex with most fo your work, whats with all the naked women ness? (not that i disagree with it:P)

Theres a long history of great artists being mucky buggers - Rodin (him what made that thinker statue) used to hire naked people to hang around in his studio so he could squeeze their various bits and thus translate the shape directly to his clay (or so he claimed, I reckon he was just doing it for kicks )

Yeah the top ones are just concepts, I'm only using the plain cmyk one and the ckyw one (which is shown on black so you can see it).

Yeah I've worked on some other versions, it's come pretty far, havn't got any single colour versions yet, wouldnt take 2 seconds to do one though.

This is something stupid i worked on to make my lecturer happy...

picture2b76e8.jpg

Top ones sweet, bottom is too clustered.

New project,

'Storage Furniture'

Brief basically wants contemporary furntiure, for use in the lounge or dinning area. Viable form a production point of veiw and a retail.

Should be an intresting project. Already got a few ideas.

Top ones sweet, bottom is too clustered.

New project,

'Storage Furniture'

Brief basically wants contemporary furntiure, for use in the lounge or dinning area. Viable form a production point of veiw and a retail.

Should be an intresting project. Already got a few ideas.

sounds like a cool project, Im working on a mamoth project at the mo, should be complete in a few weeks and will show off here! its cost afortune in money, time and effort. Hopefully will be worth it as Im exhibiting at new designers in london end of the year! *excited*

I cant remember, I think I had to pay to get in last year (as a visitior) not a lot though... what really stung me was thr £50 congestion charge fine (forgot to pay next day) 3 hours parking at £7 per hour, £30 petrol (so many traffic jams) and a sub of the day :P

ANyone thinking of going... Go via train/tube its sooooo much easier.

I cant remember, I think I had to pay to get in last year (as a visitior) not a lot though... what really stung me was thr £50 congestion charge fine (forgot to pay next day) 3 hours parking at £7 per hour, £30 petrol (so many traffic jams) and a sub of the day :P

ANyone thinking of going... Go via train/tube its sooooo much easier.

Yeah, whenever we go to London, theres a tube station just off the m25 that we get on, free parking and about a fiver for a tube ticket, Awsome.