Clickmemedia

Charlie Jennings

EDIT:

Anyone remember when I had a huge watermark on my images on my photograph portfolio.

Surprise surprise... who else has them.

Sorry Jon. What photographer doesn't watermark there photo's?

Unless you're going to put a lot of time into a logo then I don't see the point. Downloading a font off dafont.com, typing out your site name and saving it as a jpeg is a bit pointless in my opinion, you may as well just do it in CSS. Other reasons... hmm... site accessibility (which covers shedloads of reasons in itself), search engine rankings, page loading times..

Well Spotted :P also. Im getting round to an accessibility page as i said. it is underconstruction. Ive gotta check if Jon has one though.

I'd swear alot if some shitbag dick'ead was stalking me. But maybe thats just me.

He spoke to me! I actually left alone. I understood how much of a cock I was being.

Not too bad. But the striped background looks like a granny sailors wallpaper, and the content section looks like one big button.

The first screen people see before scrolling down is very blank and just has text which doesn't show off design at all.

'Hello all, this is my funky website' makes it sound like your about 5 years old.

Do more graphics pieces before making a portfolio about it. Two pieces just seems amateurish.

Take a wider variety of photos, the photos on their look like they could almost all have been taken on one day out. Read up on photography and study photos as much as possible to. Try and develop more creative angles and use more interesting subjects in general. Some of those photos could have been family snap shots.

Theres a big space below the 'Graphics' header but not below the 'Photography' one. Little things like that are what ruins the flow of a website.

As said get rid of the crap at the bottom.

The big watermarks on your photos aren't really necessary. Go for a similair style but in one of the corners, no ofence but if someone was going to steal photos they could steal photos from alot better photographers.

Try not to post a website if it's still under construction. Someone going their now won't be impressed enoug to bother going back.

It's just a touch too wide for my screen. What size did you design for and did you take into account scroll bars taking up space etc?

The name seems very unoriginal and unproffesional.

Just my 2p :)

Im glad about the wall paper. It was supposed to look like that! :)

I know the text is awful. I did it in about 10 minutes. Im just asking about the look of the site. Sorry. I didnt make this very clear.

The photo's are just a selection of the load i have. I've gotta sort them all. Level's, rename, resize, watermark them. it takes ages.

Thanks for the feedback. I've noticed the screen size issue's. im re-doing the whole layout. keeping a similar style though.

Thanks again

Charlie.

There is, and always will be, only ONE Jon Mack. (I hope!)

You're not him... (No matter how hard you try)

Why would I want to be Jon... I dont know him.

And how the hell have i copied jon the sites look totally different.

I asked for comments on my site. Grow up and get out of my topic.

If you don't understand HTML then you honestly can't call yourself a web designer.

As for the site that's currently on that domain (your site), it's the template: 'Rhuk_solarflare_ii' which you can see here: http://www.joomlafacile.com/content/view/270/65/

Great designing! Mingeflap.

I think I know were I got the software from. And I never called myself a 'Web Designer' Its a 'Graphics & Photography Portfolio.'

Get your facts right. and also. I am obviously going to change the template. I just haven't got round to changing it. No matter how much of a geek I am: I do not sit on my computer all day.

Edited by cjskate

My car is made of cardboard, double sided sticky tape and expanding foam, but it works, why should i care?

If any only business cares about their success they need to care about their website. Search engine, accessibility and expansion are just 3 things i can think of from the top of my head, but search engine rankings being the most poinyent.

I didn't once say you wanted to be Jon.

I didn't once say you had copied Jon.

Well.. clearly you did.

My car is made of cardboard, double sided sticky tape and expanding foam, but it works, why should i care?

If any only business cares about their success they need to care about their website. Search engine, accessibility and expansion are just 3 things i can think of from the top of my head, but search engine rankings being the most poinyent.

Well. I get your point but. code doesn't effect the look of the site. ALSO: I dont really want to be on a search engine.

Dont try and defend yourself, take onboard what other people are saying CJSKATE, this forum can sometimes be negative, but thats only because here, unlike other places, you get a true opinion. If you don't like it you don't have to do anything, but if you want to make your site better through opinion you have to be expected to listen to others, even if you don't agree, just nod and say "yer thats a good idea i will bear that in mind"

And you have really pissed off Jon, so you may want to seek inspiration from somewhere else, peoples ideas are there own and it needs to be respected, even if you don't think you have copied him, he thinks you have, and i agree with him abit there.

Keep working on it, keep modifying it, learn new techniques and your site will get better and better.

You don't want to be on a search engine? Do you actually want any business of any sort?

You are not getting my point at all. A well developed website is the difference between a successful site and yours. Why do you think company's spend an obscene amount of money on getting their website right. I can't really say how much our clients are charged but trust me, they wouldn't pay it for some rickety tables based website that doesn't appear on search engines, work for disabled people or be easy to expand (ie, less expensive for them in long run).

Yes, you may do graphics but i'm talking about websites for Butlins, British Heart Foundation, Bluewater (the shopping centre) and many others. None of them do website development but they all care actually getting business and therefore a well developed website.

Ignore mine and others advice if you wish, but at your businesses success be it. :)

Sorry Jon. What photographer doesn't watermark there photo's

Me, simply because I believe this to be true about me (And almost everyone else apart from the proper greats of photography):

if someone was going to steal photos they could steal photos from alot better photographers.

If I'm doing photography work for a company, I'll give them the photos and then once they're online, I'll put them on my portfolio site and link to where they were shown in context. Similarly, if my work is appearing in print I'll usually put them and maybe a photo of the page they're on on my portfolio. Other than that, I don't really give a shit about it. If I'm not making money out of them, it's pretty unlikely anyone else will either. If they want to use a photo of mine as an avatar or whatever, fine, but I don't really feel the need to put "MARK WESTLAKE" or whatever on them, because it just doesn't matter. Not having watermarks on your work makes it look a hell of a lot better, makes you come across as having a better attitude, and will potentially lead to people being more interested in hiring you for work.

You don't want to be on a search engine? Do you actually want any business of any sort?

You are not getting my point at all. A well developed website is the difference between a successful site and yours. Why do you think company's spend an obscene amount of money on getting their website right. I can't really say how much our clients are charged but trust me, they wouldn't pay it for some rickety tables based website that doesn't appear on search engines, work for disabled people or be easy to expand (ie, less expensive for them in long run).

Yes, you may do graphics but i'm talking about websites for Butlins, British Heart Foundation, Bluewater (the shopping centre) and many others. None of them do website development but they all care actually getting business and therefore a well developed website.

Ignore mine and others advice if you wish, but at your businesses success be it. :)

That's where I come in. :lol:

I just do it for people I know, when they need something simple, a quick photoshop background and some tables does the job, for much, much less than it would cost to go to your end of the market.

But I'm talking about buisnesses with a turn over of less than 350k.

Its just a portfolio. I i'm not trying to sell design work. I'm 15. I understand were your coming from.

Yes. your saying having better code will make me higher in the google search results. which I dont realy need. :)

I wasn't saying anything about that. Firstly I was highlighting how you said 'were' rather than 'where', which are in fact words with totally different meanings.

On top of that, the design is wank, the code is wank. Why don't you just give up or use a wordpress website to show your photography? Give up on design, really.

I wasn't saying anything about that. Firstly I was highlighting how you said 'were' rather than 'where', which are in fact words with totally different meanings.

On top of that, the design is wank, the code is wank. Why don't you just give up or use a wordpress website to show your photography? Give up on design, really.

I cant use wordpress. Jon uses it. also. I dont give up. The design clearly isn't 'wank' I've had lots of proper designer's comment on it in a positive way. Considering i am 15 I dont think its too bad.

Also. I think your nick carter.

hfccourse.co.uk - Harrogate Festival Choral Course

A link is down on your site. Clearly your a great person to take feedback from.

Edited by cjskate