Bike Theives And Pikey Scum

!!()`/D

About being slashed/nose broken/shanked whatever for a bit of metal that costs a grand, thats rediculous.

I've spent as much time, effort and money on my bike as anyone on here but i'd rather just get some insurance money and be out of riding for a month than to be walking round like f**king scarface the rest of my life.

It's not the value Nick, I'd fight for it!

It's (Well for me) more the point that someone is trying to steal what is not theirs. If someone wants it they should buy it themselves!

I'd fight for mine, whether I lost or not I'd feel good that I didn't give them a free ride.

EDIT: And if people don't try and stop them they will carry on doing it. Imagine kicking the hell out of them - think they'd try again? Probably not.

Edited by TheScientist

.....Never fight for your bike ....such materialistic things mean more than your on well being :huh:

People today do not give a toss and wont think twice about putting a knife in you for a tenner...... let alone a cycle thats worth over 500!

just think about it people

;)

stab them first :D

Edited by mrkoxx

It's not the value Nick, I'd fight for it!

It's (Well for me) more the point that someone is trying to steal what is not theirs. If someone wants it they should buy it themselves!

I'd fight for mine, whether I lost or not I'd feel good that I didn't give them a free ride.

EDIT: And if people don't try and stop them they will carry on doing it. Imagine kicking the hell out of them - think they'd try again? Probably not.

I hear you...

But if there a fight where you're likely to get f**ked over, its not worth the risk in my eyes.

If its a 'fair' match where the other dude (or woman, lets not be sexist) isn't tooled up then go for it.

i run reasonably low gearing at 22-12 but i want it lower but im worried that when i get chased by scum will i be able to get away fast enough on a 22-16? on a 26"

i just tend to ignore them and ride up to place were u cant get up on foot or ignore them and ride off

and come back later

Me and Andy were talking about this yesterday driving home from Derby.(After a few lads followed us and some 10 year old tried to have a go on my bike) Don't think we have ever really had any trouble in Ipswich or Felixstowe though. Where have you two had trouble? If we notice anything a bit dodgy like someone or a group of people following then we just move on our keep an eye out. At the end of the day I think just having a bit of common sense and basically what OBM said helps a lot. We noticed someone the other day in Norwich following us from one spot to another and then just loitering. When he went into the shop though we just left.

yeh thats always a good one (Y)

If your a pussy...

What a silly topic.

Get bike insurance its like £8 a month, then you'll never have to worry.

Edit: Just got a quote from the first company i found on google, £7.44 a month (£79 annually) insures you up to a grand.

Edited by Quackers

as for ipswich, erm gainsborough, stokepark, town centre and then there was trimley near felixstowe where we got chased by 8.

Trimley???? Thats where I live! Haha, what were you doing there on trials bikes? Trimley is like one of the safest places I know! I can't believe that, that's mad. I suppose if you know the right people in your local area your alright. Have to give me a shout if you want to ride Felixstowe or Ipswich one day, you riding Norwich Sunday?

As i read all the replys and got to the last reply, i compleatly forgot what the first question was, but i liked the replys i must say, their were some very interesting ideas.:)

but out of all my mates that ride 26" or 24" i am the only person who rides with gears for the reason if u want to pedal fast you can.

if u ride a 20" ur pretty much stuffed.

so yeh gears could be a good idea perhaps.

yer but when your fighting, you carn't feel anything if somebody its you because f the adreneline. so i suppose if they started i would bop them i suppose at the end of the day they are no different to us and we just think there hard because of what they were/ do

let me know what you guys think

thanks ross.. :giggle:

Trimley???? Thats where I live! Haha, what were you doing there on trials bikes? Trimley is like one of the safest places I know! I can't believe that, that's mad. I suppose if you know the right people in your local area your alright. Have to give me a shout if you want to ride Felixstowe or Ipswich one day, you riding Norwich Sunday?

Tell us if youre riding will you? trimley can be dangerous depends if youre liked or not there i suppose. I tend to stay around old felixestowe where gary lives,although if we ever arrange anything he never sticks to his word (N)

Edited by dirt jumper jake

• 2 months later...