The Trick I Havnt Mastered Yet

matty allum

No its where you hop forward with ot kicking

um the best way is to:

Lean back and push forward whilst hopping.

Boom is normally used to get closer to the edge on a drop.

I thought that was called a boon?

I might be wrong....

Or that might be what he means....

Why is everyone a dick in here who isn't a new member?

God the boy asked for some help so lets give it to him hey!

When on your back wheel tryin hopping forward like you would if you wasn't on the bike, but use more energy than needed and throw yourself forward with your arms, pulling your legs up underneth you as you do.

Hope this helps.

Because we're sick of the same old posts, no idea of how to spell, no grasp of basic English...

Not aimed at the creator of this thread, more aimed at everyone else - it's like reading an 11 year old Chavs Bebo page.

Yeah they need to clamp down on it really.

As for the move, it's really hard when you start learning it. I can't really explain how to do it, the front wheel doesn't have to move and putting it lower or forward doesn't really help at all. It really is all in the legs. You know how when you bunny hop off both wheels rather than lifting the front first it's like that. The pre-load makes the most difference to the move, same as all non pedal kicking moves really. This is one that just takes time.

Silence noob, stop posting crap and you may be validated one day.

The forum is full of shite, posted by people who don't know how to use the search or the wiki.

God the boy asked for some help so lets give it to him hey!

When on your back wheel tryin hopping forward like you would if you wasn't on the bike, but use more energy than needed and throw yourself forward with your arms, pulling your legs up underneth you as you do.

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate, yes that has helped i will try it when i next go out.

thats fair enough i suppose but im sure it wasn't a stupid spelling mistake, maybe a misunderstanding of what the correct name is for the move.

I concur. Muel - shush.

Letting your tyres down loads helps for boons.

In all fairness people are bitching and saying new memmbers are like 13 year old gimps n what not but i happen to know matt he made the mistake of using 'M' instead of 'N'. The thing is the reson people bitch in here is because they think its all the same bla bla bla isnt that the point in nmc? To tell the diffence between good and bad posts. Would have thought its a mod or admins job to deside if somthings not worth posting i personaly stay out of nmc insted of bitching he only asked for help if this was in trials chat not nmc i garantee people would be more willing to help.

Come on people chill out a little.

Matt give me a call and ill come out and do my best to help i tend to pedal hope and just dont release the rear brake and shuffle my hips forward.

In all fairness people are bitching and saying new memmbers are like 13 year old gimps n what not but i happen to know matt he made the mistake of using 'M' instead of 'N'. The thing is the reson people bitch in here is because they think its all the same bla bla bla isnt that the point in nmc? To tell the diffence between good and bad posts. Would have thought its a mod or admins job to deside if somthings not worth posting i personaly stay out of nmc insted of bitching he only asked for help if this was in trials chat not nmc i garantee people would be more willing to help.

Come on people chill out a little.

Matt give me a call and ill come out and do my best to help i tend to pedal hope and just dont release the rear brake and shuffle my hips forward.

Like I said, my comment wasn't aimed at him. Most of the others.

Hi,

To reply to the original question - Get up on the back wheel with the bike in an upright position, I think I have the bike more upright than normal, this is because you don't need to get the front of the bike low to compensate for the torque that you would get with a pedal kick. With the bike more upright it also takes less effort to stay on the back wheel which is very important when you are "booning" into position before using your energy for something else. You then need to crouch back and down slightly, and then pop your hips up and FORWARD, the crouch is just that, a little sit back with the hips before rapidly popping them up and forward - lift the bike with your arms and feet, as the bike is in the air push your legs out forward to advance the rear wheel and pull the bars in slightly to align the bike for landing, as you land relax your arms back out again ready for another boon or to get into a stable back wheel position.

For me the key to getting it is that while I am in the air i think of pulling the bars in and pushing out with the feet in order to pivot back wheel out and forward with my feet acting as the pivot point. If you do this without first popping you hips forward you will just reposition the rear wheel ahead of your center of gravity in which case you will need to immediatley hop back to where you started to keep balance, so if you are not going forward its all about the hips to shift your center of gravity forward and then the push on the pedals/pull on the bars to rotate the bike forward under you before you land.

Hope it helps,

Duane.