Where Do I Stand?

RossMcd

right..

i just bought a pair of the red heatsink pads with the CNC V backings and they have no hold and i have grinded my rim so harsh that it would probably destroy some other kinds of pads. another thing is after 2 days of riding one of the pads fell out of the backings (N).

I am very disapointed because i have heard soooo many good reports on these pads and this has happened.

can anyone tell me where i stand?

You could just try glueing them back in, then giving them a bit more time to bed into the grind? Especially with a grind as harsh as it sounds you've done.

That made no sense...

What I mean is - harsh grind = longer time for pads to bed in. New pads take a bit of time anyway.

Just araldite the pad back in place, wait for it to dry properly, then just pour some water over your brake, ride along fast, then drag it 'til you stop. Repeat until it works.

You could just try glueing them back in, then giving them a bit more time to bed into the grind? Especially with a grind as harsh as it sounds you've done.

That made no sense...

What I mean is - harsh grind = longer time for pads to bed in. New pads take a bit of time anyway.

Just araldite the pad back in place, wait for it to dry properly, then just pour some water over your brake, ride along fast, then drag it 'til you stop. Repeat until it works.

i have given my rim two grinds since i got the pads first was a light grind and they didnt work at all and the harsh grind they act just the same. on the pad material there is like the remains of dry glue which hasnt probably stuck properly. the other pad is pretty secure however

you might think there set up amazing but there probs not, try set them up amazing and ride with them while there shit if there still wank after say 24 hours of riding properly then theres probs something up.

Just put them through there full potential.

Matx

you might think there set up amazing but there probs not, try set them up amazing and ride with them while there shit if there still wank after say 24 hours of riding properly then theres probs something up.

Just put them through there full potential.

Matx

this is my first vee brake on a trials bike so i dont know how to set them up very well.

but with the Plazmatics spanish fly v pads i set them up the exact same and they worked amazing!

this is my first vee brake on a trials bike so i dont know how to set them up very well.

but with the Plazmatics spanish fly v pads i set them up the exact same and they worked amazing!

To be fair Ross, your plazmatics were set up wank. So if there set up like them, that'll be your problem.

my red cnc pads have been the best pads i have ever used, i started them off with a medium grind, after about 30mins riding they were working a treat. I have the same grind now but i've ridden it in the wet and the grind is pretty much non-existent but they still work amazing, did a demo yesterday and they didn't let me down once! -hugh

If you do a grind, ride with it like that for a bit, then re-grind, the pads will wear to the 'shape' of the first grind, then have to wear to the 'shape' of the new grind, so they will take longer. Harder compound pads will also take longer to bed in anyway, usually. So yeah, just leave 'em alone and ride it for a bit longer.

really not heard this before....me 'n me mate's red pads were just awesome from the word go...

not saying you're making it up..but have you really checked your setup? cables etc?

it is just a standard tektro setup lol but it worked well with the last pads

it is just a standard tektro setup lol but it worked well with the last pads

Theres you problem.... its like buying a 1990 Fiesta with rust holes, and fitting a Ferrari exhaust and expecting it to go really really fast!

Heatsink reds are the most amzing pads ever, my pads have been used for 18 months now.... still little sign of wear! As far as im concerned there are no other pads worth looking at in the market except maybe Coust in CNC'ed backings

did anyone listen to what this guy said , he is on aobut the fault that apears in heatsink blue pads . some of us may rember a while ago a fault with the heatsink blues were a gluey compound would apear out of the pad this sounds just like what he describes , if you dont beleive me ask fat mike i showed him my pads at cycolgy and he was shocked .

if this is as ive described email steve and see if he can sort you out with a refill .

Obviously there's only one person you need to speak to - that's Steve@Heatsink. I'm sure he'll sort you out. But at the end of the day you're complaining about something that would take two minutes to fix. Obviously it shouldn't have happened in the first place but still...

did anyone listen to what this guy said , he is on aobut the fault that apears in heatsink blue pads
red heatsink pads with the CNC V backings

Ironic much? best off getting onto Steve with some pics, hes a total f**king legend and will straighten things out for sure, but some glue will sort you out for now (Y)

Ironic much? best off getting onto Steve with some pics, hes a total f**king legend and will straighten things out for sure, but some glue will sort you out for now (Y)

i phrased that wrong i ment there isa fault that existed in the blue pads which has obviously ocured in his red cnc pads .

what frame you got? could be flexing meaning the hold wont be great! wack a booster on! i dont that with my Phyton! worked 100% better!

Reds are working great for me! on a light grind!

I have a diamondback tekiya frame and i have rode it for like 2 weeks or so. at the lever the brake doesnt have any movement once the pads hit the rim