Race Boxx De Supermance. 8,8kg.

baladi

you are.

people saying stuff like "I think if i sat on it, it would break" are just being daft, have you actually seen the stuff he does on it :o . It looks ace.

whats strange though is he basically runs the company so if koxx are supposed to be all lightweight and comp oreintated why doesn't he make the hole out of the head tube standard and single wall square holed rims?

you are.

people saying stuff like "I think if i sat on it, it would break" are just being daft, have you actually seen the stuff he does on it :o . It looks ace.

whats strange though is he basically runs the company so if koxx are supposed to be all lightweight and comp oreintated why doesn't he make the hole out of the head tube standard and single wall square holed rims?

Probably because even with round holes try-all rims aint that strong...

I love it tbf its a comp bike so it has to be light, wont snap that easy anyway he does huge stuff on his.

Probably because even with round holes try-all rims aint that strong...

I love it tbf its a comp bike so it has to be light, wont snap that easy anyway he does huge stuff on his.

Try-All rims are amazingly strong for what they were designed for, Natty and comps, obviously on street they are not that strong compared to an Echo or whatever.

I have had 2 rears, solid as f**k, the build felt a little bit stiffer than with the Monty I have now.

not being picky, look at the picture of the close up of the hub... then look at the picture of the full bike... have you noticed what i have.....

well the close up picture has straight laced spoke's but the full bike isn't...

not causing a argument, i just spotted it.....

BACK TO TOPIC,

yes i like the bike but not to sure on all the bit's that have been done to it, the head tube is just frightening.

and the reason why rim's dont come with square hole's is because the corners are more likely to crack and split than the round hole's that try-all and most other makes use

not being picky, look at the picture of the close up of the hub... then look at the picture of the full bike... have you noticed what i have.....

well the close up picture has straight laced spoke's but the full bike isn't...

I think it does, there's a slight angle to the front wheel which makes it look like theres a crossing in the spokes (Y)

you are.

cos he knows it WILL break.

Getting rid of that try-all tyre at the front and fitting a maxxis high roller XC tyre would save him 100g.

560g for a 1.9 and 575g for a 2.1.

He is sponsored by Try-all and Koxx though?

I love this bike, to get it below 9kg is very impressive! The majority of top spec mod bikes weigh more than 8.8kg.

I think you have to take a look on it as though its the F1 car style trials bike. Meaning taking things to the limit on performance and getting away with as much as you can! He won't ride that bike much at all I reckon. I've seen his minder pushing around a spare bike at comps which I think is his practice bike.

Stan.

well fair do's to him, its impressive hes minimised weight so well. but as im NOT a weight weenie:

hahaha like rowen said, have a crap, shave your body and ride naked

Could also have the dick and balls amputated, one kidney removed etc.

From what I've seen on vids, many riders could do well without their brain. They don't seem to use theirs while riding.

Regarding your first point, exactly. He wouldn't f**k it about that much if it wasn't actually going to work for it's intended purpose, simply 'cos I imagine comps, and winning comps, means a hell of a lot to him.

Regarding your second point, I doubt that bike would be ridden for more than one or two trials, whereas production bikes are going to be ridden by the general public for a lot longer. Doing all that stuff to it would also mean that it'd be way more expensive to produce, even if they mechanised all of the changes he's made.

seems like he's taken small bits of weight off by chopping bits off the frame and hubs etc, when he could save a whole lot more weight elsewere!

True, but at the same time he probably sacrificed as much weight as he could without changing the feel of his setup? So if he's used to using Try-All tyres (And is of course going to have to use them...) you wouldn't want to change to something else, just 'cos it's lighter. I imagine that drilling the forks would not only be really dangerous, but would also make them super flexy which would mean for taps, gaps to front and so on it'd feel totally different. Apart from the difference in weight, I doubt you'd even feel any added flex in that frame, and similarly if the wheels are built well you won't really notice the difference in strength there, but you would notice the change in weight.

I love this bike, to get it below 9kg is very impressive! The majority of top spec mod bikes weigh more than 8.8kg.

I think you have to take a look on it as though its the F1 car style trials bike. Meaning taking things to the limit on performance and getting away with as much as you can! He won't ride that bike much at all I reckon. I've seen his minder pushing around a spare bike at comps which I think is his practice bike.

Stan.

Exactly. He's at the forefront of trials, so I'm glad he's trying this stuff out and not just cobbling together a bike out of stock parts. It's about time people got more hands on with their trials bits!

well fair do's to him, its impressive hes minimised weight so well. but as im NOT a weight weenie:

hahaha like rowen said, have a crap, shave your body and ride naked

I know you're joking, but saving weight on yourself is nowhere near the same as saving weight on your bike. If you were trying to win the top level competitions in trials, I'm pretty sure you'd do the same stuff to your bike.