Danny Butler In His Garden 1 Or 2 Pics

AshleyB

so you agree james that you don't have the balls to say this to anyone's face,

and as for tone of voice ect, of course it can make a difference,

if i was frowning looking angry with steam coming out me tabs and i called you a knob , then id mean it, if i was having a joke around and i said "what a knob" then you could tell i was joking, because you could see me, my body language, and hear the tone in my voice.

I agree, tone of voice etc does make a difference in real life but on a forum a bit more consideration is needed. As you said its easy to misinterpret what someones trying to say especially if it was intended as an agressive joke/remark. What you have to bear into consideration is that some people are more easily offended than others so if you were to call someone a knob on the forum they'd probably come away feeling bad about it or write something back. Which is why sly comments and jokes are against the rules, and it specifically states it doesn't matter if your friends. Ignorance and arrogance though are much easier to tell.

i invented tfp's, , because the forum is full of them, at the time my main problem was because every time i posted i just got grief back about spelling and stuff, wtf has that got to do with a trial forum.

You see that makes you come across as a "tfp" as you say too. You've been so childish as to label people who've done/said things you don't like with an abbreviated insult so as to try and get it in under the radar. Sad fact here.... there's pricks everywhere, not just on the forum. And the fact that the first person to start throwing this term around in this thread was one of the people accused of being arrogant does nothing apart from re-inforce the opinion.

Poor spelling makes things incoherent and harder to read for everyone. Even now i have to stop midway through your posts because they're so poorly structured. You move to a new line half way through a sentence which makes me stop and try and work out how it should be read, you stick random abbreviations in the middle of a sentence and it all helps to slow me down as i'm reading it. Think of it this way, you have a really good point on a subject but can't write for shit, people will probably give up reading what you have to say or just ignore you completely because they can't be bothered to try and decipher it.

Its not a commercial organisation, its tom and Danny's private forum. If they want to see people writing properly in it, then they can specify it regardless of what it had to do with riding, its their choice. They could write into the rules that everyone must use a live web cam in their avatar and make stupid faces while they post messages if they wanted.

If you don't like the "TFP"s on here, why bother coming back? This is a public forum, by posting on here people are going to reply to what you say. If you can't handle that, don't use the forum. I still pretty much fail to see how you can say Tomm can't "have a dig" on here, yet you're saying stuff like "___ is a TFP" and so on.

here we have another example ladies and gentlemen.

my guess would be your a young know it all lad, who is better at English, spelling and grammar than me and thinks it an absolute pisser to piont out the mistakes i make when typing! well , once again, thankyou, i am quite aware i cannot write , spell or structure a sentance to a high level, nor am i interested in learning to, or being lectured about it buy jumped up little Trials Forum ######.

(sorry i started another line)

not trying to slip under any radar, its just a joke between some of the guys i know where i abbreviate everything,

SA Stop Abbreviating

love you

here we have another example ladies and gentlemen.

my guess would be your a young know it all lad, who is better at English, spelling and grammar than me and thinks it an absolute pisser to piont out the mistakes i make when typing! well , once again, thankyou, i am quite aware i cannot write , spell or structure a sentance to a high level, nor am i interested in learning to, or being lectured about it buy jumped up little Trials Forum ######.

(sorry i started another line)

not trying to slip under any radar, its just a joke between some of the guys i know where i abbreviate everything,

SA Stop Abbreviating

love you

Yes i'm a know it all, i wasn't just trying to have a discussion, wasn't trying to point out why people might have constantly had a go at you, and wasn't just simply pointing out that there are pricks everywhere and you appear to be one of them.

Too set in your ways to listen or discuss, you turn to ridicule.

www.trials-forum.co.uk www.bitch-forum.co.uk

Rob just post a pic in the tuckage thread and they'll all fancy you

Thats the thing though, it shouldn't be. Someone asked a genuine question, and it was met with what appears (not saying it was meant to be) to be a very arrogant answer from someone who should really know better. The post was noticed by some of the older members and pointed out and now we're at this point, if the reply had read something like "no, i'm sorry but i reckon your thinking of someone else" i reckon this whole thread might have gone a completely different way and focussed on the pictures.

lol@ mr alisbury , one of the good guys on here,

just noticed the location of krisboats, uni! says it all, bloody know it all students, S,P's (and before you get your radar out, it means student #####)

and for the members on here who love the art of writing, JOIN A BLOODY ENGLISH LANGUAGE FORUM OR SOMTHING

love most of you, lol

rob

just noticed the location of krisboats, uni! says it all, bloody know it all students, S,P's (and before you get your radar out, it means student #####)

and for the members on here who love the art of writing, JOIN A BLOODY ENGLISH LANGUAGE FORUM OR SOMTHING

love most of you, lol

rob

It's not about "loving the art of writing", it's about being able to communicate clearly with other people. It's a pretty fundamental skill you'll need in life. When you can't just go and ride around quarries all the time and you end up getting a job outside of the trials world, being able to write/speak to people clearly is pretty f**king useful.

love most of you, lol

rob

I'm not trying to say i know it all, i'm not trying to come across that way and i'm not trying to have an argument. I was just trying to discuss it, i didn't take the piss out of you (so i'd appreciate the same), yet its the only way you seem able to respond. The fact i'm a student has nothing to do with it, you can stereotype all you want, it doesn't mean its accurate. I'm only 3 years younger than you are and in my first year at uni, so i'm not the stereotypical fresh out of college uni student at all.

i f**king love this forum atm.

Me too. I write the way that is percieved, "correct", because I learnt to from a very early age, and I don't know how to do it any different, it just comes natural. When you look at my text messages, they read like an email because it is faster for me to write them out that way.

I can always read Rob's posts, he isn't one of the pre-members that struggle to form any form of sentence, he can write in a way that everyone can understand, and that is what matters.

Now can we leave Rob's spelling the f**k alone and comment on Danny's pictures!

I know Krisboats well, and I know that he isn't having a crack or anything, he is simply saying that we should all make an effort to make our posts easily readable, which I'll admit is sometimes true with Rob's posts, they can be a bit tricky to read, but he gets the message across and we all get what he means!

It used to be the case that people would get onto people for making posts that were actually impossible to read, now it's getting silly.

As a wise old Butler once said to me, "It's a Trials Forum, not a f**king English forum!"

"Jenny from the block" whoever you are, I can write and speak clearly, just because its not word perfect does not mean i cant be understood or have a job "in the real world" as you put it. I dont know where you get the impression i ride round quarry's all day. I have a full time job and work 45 hours a week, i have done for the last 8 years. Although i work in the bike industry i would say it was outside of the trials world, (did'nt know it had its own world) trials bikes make up for a very small amount of all the bike i sell each year, and an even smaller amount of all the bikes i repair each year. So i would say thats pretty much outside of it.

"Krisboat" If you think im taking the piss out of you then pray i never do properly, anyone i know who goes to uni gets called student scum or S.P, or somthing, its just me messing about. You dont like it its your problem. You want to pick falt with people who are my good mate's on here or in person then im going to respond, thats what mates are for, if you dont want piss take replys directed at you then dont direct them at other people in the first place,

thats all i have to say,

rob,

rob is my actual name, not some stupid forum name i can hide behind. Thats the stupid thig about these forum names, i dont even know who you are, i could meet you and never know it was you rippin me on here.

rob

As pointless as this post is, shut the hell up!

Just drop it, and let it lie.

There's been so much bickering and rubbish on the forum lately, and 90% of it would disappear if people didn't keep trying to get the last word, or get one last snappy comment in each thread.

look people stop arguing please this all started for no entire reason the butlers seem fecking awsome riders and well nice people from what seen on the forum

i know i have never seen them or met them in person or anything although i would love to meet them one day though as there riding is very inspining to me (IMO) but ashley posted up some neat pictures of his bro riding for people to look at and people are just having a dig for no reason either be nice or if you dont like the pics DONT COMMENT! it is pretty simple :)

good work danny and thanks ash for posting up the pics (Y)

Kris Boats how can you call Rob a tfp he's possibly the most down to earth guy ever, if your so offended by the phrase then dont read the topic.

I really dont see why this has happened, all Ash did was post pics of Dan riding and it turned into some sort of bitch-fest against the Butlers, I think most people are just bitter.

Stefan.

Edited by Stefan P

Kris Boats how can you call Rob a tfp he's possibly the most down to earth guy ever, if your so offended by the phrase then dont read the topic.

I really dont see why this has happened, all Ash did was post pics of Dan riding and it turned into some sort of bitch-fest against the Butlers, I think most people are just bitter.

Stefan.

Get out of their arse Stefan.

Danny.