F1

Fish-Finger-er

Yeh it sounds like the Brawn car's are going to be good, sounds like they've still got some stuff to sort on them though, but if the laptimes are already this good then they should do really well.

I don't normally bother watching qualifying, but I think I might tommorrow, just to see how things are shaping up.

i for one will not be watching f1

i gave up on it last year it has become to expensive for the lesser teams and now its just maclaren,ferrari,ferrari,meclaren

id much rather watch a bit of moto gp super bikes or even a1 gp

You should watch it this year! A new team that seems really promising, and the biggest rule changes in over 10 years, including the KERS thing, which basically means that they can press a button and get 85bhp extra for 6.6 seconds per lap.

It's going to be fun. :P

As for being too expensive, it's one of the most technologically and strategically demanding forms of motorsport out there, it was never going to be cheap and the current economic climate hasn't helped any of the teams, but with the rule changes the playing field is somewhat levelled. The fact that Brawn has got so far largely without sponsored shows what can be done.

including the KERS thing, which basically means that they might get electrocuted.

It's going to be fun. :P

or did they sort them problems out??

i for one cant wait to wait for tomorrow, infact i might get up early to watch it live just incase im busy in the afternoon

to say its going to be an interesting season is a bit of an understatement

I havn't heard anything about that.

I'm going to watch the qualifying later on, but I don't think hamilton is going to do well this season, there's just too much wrong with the car. Either of the Brawn drivers could do it though, the cars arn't even set-up perfectly yet and they qualified 1,2.

Brawn has backing by Virgin now, so they shouldn't have a funding problem this year! I reckon Button will win it this season, but we'll just have to see what happens tommorrow.

After the pre season testing I was so sure that Brawn were doing something sneaky to make them 'appear' fast to attract sponsors and get some media coverage... seems like they really were ahead of the game all along! Which is kind of weird considering the fact that in theory they shouldn't have had nearly as much development time over the Winter. Ah well, best of luck to them- British team with a British sponsor and a British driver (and I've always liked Rubens too!)... go Brawn!

After the pre season testing I was so sure that Brawn were doing something sneaky to make them 'appear' fast to attract sponsors and get some media coverage... seems like they really were ahead of the game all along! Which is kind of weird considering the fact that in theory they shouldn't have had nearly as much development time over the Winter. Ah well, best of luck to them- British team with a British sponsor and a British driver (and I've always liked Rubens too!)... go Brawn!

I had exactly the same thought, also had the same thought about mclaren, appearing slow to put of the other teams, obviosly wrong there!

What is it thats causing mclarens lack of speed? I know they and ferrai left the development of the 09 cars late as they had to keep pushing the 08 cars, because they were both battling for the title.

What brawn F1 has done is pretty amazing!

Predictions for tomorrow................

Well the Brawn cars are a year ahead of Maclaren and Ferrari, Honda started developing them between the 07 and 08 seasond I think, so they've had loads more time. Then Honda pulled out and Brawn had to get the backing from other people, but the car was pretty much done by then I think.

Setting the video for the qualifying, I'm off out riding.

If anyone watches the first play of the race tommorrow, can you use spoilers until after the second play has finished? Just in case I come on to check up. :

McLaren are down on downforce from the sounds of it. They're actually advertising for aerodynamicists at the moment which is the first time in months and gives an impression that they really are in a bit of trouble!

Provided Brawn have the reliability to back up they're raw speed I think they're pretty likely to take the win... and with Brawn on the pitwall as well I'd say they're in a good situation!

Isnt one of the main reasons they are ahead because of this almost illegal diffuser they whacked on ? One of a couple of teams to interpret the rules better than the rest ? Either way - next race they will all have one ... So Red bull were looking pretty strong too, and they didnt have one on ...

Either way - Tip top to see Button up there again, and its going to be one hell of a season.

The only two downers are...

1. That RETARDED commentator

2. The cars are even more ugly and stupid looking than ever before.

Viewed qualifier earlier this morning. Jenson Button on pole and lewis Hamilton on the back row (15th i think). who would have predicted that outcome. oh yeah the cars look ugly on the new commentators (except the regular guys like Martin Brundle) talk sh*te (N)

Edited by Rusevelt

Viewed qualifier earlier this morning. Jenson Button on pole and lewis Hamilton on the back row (15th i think). who would have predicted that outcome!

Lewis had to change his gearbox so he should've started from 20th but the FIA have also decided that both Toyota's diffusers are actually illegal and so they're starting from the pitlane meaning Lewis starts 18th effectively.

TomN- no that's been deferred until 2010 (maybe) due to the FIA being complete f*%ktards.

Lewis had to change his gearbox so he should've started from 20th but the FIA have also decided that both Toyota's diffusers are actually illegal and so they're starting from the pitlane meaning Lewis starts 18th effectively.

TomN- no that's been deferred until 2010 (maybe) due to the FIA being complete f*%ktards.

either way NO MORE DAMN COMMERCIAL BREAKS DURING THE ACTION.