F1

Fish-Finger-er

If Sainz had been right up his arse and clearly being held up, I could see why the swap needed to happen. He wasn't, so if he couldn't attack Max what made them think he'd be able to attack Sergio? I don't agree with the childish response of "no" that he gave, but at the end of the day he's still pretty much a child so I'll let him off.

• 3 weeks later...

If Sainz had been right up his arse and clearly being held up, I could see why the swap needed to happen. He wasn't, so if he couldn't attack Max what made them think he'd be able to attack Sergio? I don't agree with the childish response of "no" that he gave, but at the end of the day he's still pretty much a child so I'll let him off.

Speaking of Carlos Sainz, I hope he is ok after from that huge high speed crash during final practice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/formula1/32543292

• 3 weeks later...

Nico Rosbergs post race actions/mood were just pathetic and childish, he really needs to grow up. He needs to take a leaf out of ricciardo's book and smile and enjoy himself more. I do admire some of his racing at times but that kind of behaviour makes him very unlikeable.

Anyway well done Lewis, was a great race and again enjoyed watching vestappen!

Congrats to Hamilton on securing his 3rd World Championship title. 

What can one say about Rosberg's misfortunes that could have kept his World Championship hopes alive. 

today he binned it leading and was sulking on the podium....

what a race though. Top racing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it was DC a while ago who said that drivers didn't see all the aerials and the like in front of them because they were focussing far further than that. I totally get that, but this has a whole lot more depth to it...

Haha, indeed.

It sounds like visibility's not an issue with it.  That's Ferrari's own first prototype/design of it too, so it's not what the final product is going to be.  Much prefer the concept on the Mercedes from a while back though, a bit less munter-y than that one.

It looks like visibility in that sense might not be too bad, although some have questioned about being able to see the start lights because they are significantly above the track.

I'm sure it's not an insurmountable problem.  Hopefully it'll look a bit nicer - something like that crossed with the Mercedes one would be good:

f1-fia-to-carry-out-closed-cockpit-tests

Be interesting to see how the teams get to grips with the new F1 elimination-style qualifier in terms of car set-up and tyre choice.                                             https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2016/2/f1-set-for-new-elimination-style-qualifying-format.html