F1

Fish-Finger-er

Im actually looking forward to this season im in no way a massive f1 fan that watches everyone race but i do watch it when i can. Since starting with toro rosso i think i will be more inclined to watch and get to see a few more races live. Roll on the race at 6 am tomorrow and hopefully max does well. For been so young he certainly seems to be some driver.

Bit early for dropping spoilers, so instead:

They've voted to revert back to the old format for qualifying

They've eased the ridiculous new restrictions they put in place for radio contact (which they did 1hr before the race - nice work, FIA)

Today's F1 Clusterf**k Roundup:

- F1 is no longer going to be free to air from 2019 onwards in the UK.  This caused a massive drop in viewing figures in France when it happened, and elsewhere, but I'm sure that won't happen here.  Oh wait.

- Qualifying, having been reverted back to the old style format for Bahrain, has now been changed to elimination style in Q1 and Q2, with the old style in Q3.  u what m8

Guess that has kinda shutdown the Grand Prix Driver's Association attempts to publicly influence reform and have a more pro-active role in how F1 is governed as a sport.

GPDA somehow need to show the same balls of steel when it comes down the political table, as they do when they are driving their F1 cars around a circuit.

Edited by Rusevelt

I'm not going to watch the next qualifying. I also won't watch the race live on Sky, even though I pay for the subscription. I'm also going to make sure that my TV or computer is firmly tuned to every piece of live WEC content for the entirety of the season. A "protest" that will do nothing but make me feel a bit better about the shitshow F1 is putting on right now.

4 hours ago, Rusevelt said:

Guess that has kinda shutdown the Grand Prix Driver's Association attempts to publicly influence reform and have a more pro-active role in how F1 is governed as a sport.

GPDA somehow need to show the same balls of steel when it comes down the political table, as they do when they are driving their F1 cars around a circuit.

There's not really much they can do there though.  They have very, very little power.  Bernie replied to their letter and basically said "Tell us what to do about it then."

4 hours ago, JD™ said:

I'm not going to watch the next qualifying. I also won't watch the race live on Sky, even though I pay for the subscription. I'm also going to make sure that my TV or computer is firmly tuned to every piece of live WEC content for the entirety of the season. A "protest" that will do nothing but make me feel a bit better about the shitshow F1 is putting on right now.

I'm just going to watch both.  Luckily the WEC Youtube page is really well updated (and the teams post up loads too).  Keeping an eye on DTM through their awesome Youtube channel too.  

Those Youtube channels that Bernie doesn't think do anything to help engage fans or promote the series...

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing worse than that qualifying format is Steve Jones.  f**k knows how he got that job, but the look of pure regret Coulthard had at the end of the last segment with him on the qualifying show said it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet more proof that the real Vettel is still lurking there, even though he's trying to be "Smiley happy Ferrari fan boy" to the media.  Having a go at Kvyat like that in the cool down room was bullshit.

EDIT:  And now, f**king whining on on the podium.  If he wants to have a go at anyone, have a go at Kimi for cutting him off, or himself for not reacting to it better.

Although this season there's all that f**king around with the control electronics, and Michelin not making tyres that can last a full race distance so they have to stop and change bikes?  Not to mention the whole winglets/aero dramas they've got going on...  Still a way better spectacle than F1 but they're doing their best to drag it down to that level :P

• 2 weeks later...