F1

Fish-Finger-er

So far so relatively boring, but the shots of the cars towards the end of the lap does make them look incredibly fast.  Swinging through those last few bends flat out must be pretty cool.  Hamilton just hit the mid 360kph's which is pretty rapid.

Word - was catching up with that throughout Le Mans on Autosport and from the live feeds.  Kind of gutted for Toyota.

Semi-related, Coulthard or someone like that mentioned on their grid walk that it was a pretty quiet weekend for F1.  No shit - you put the European Grand Prix on in somewhere not even really in Europe, on the same weekend as Le Mans.  Not too hard to work out the issue there.

Last lap was awesome. Nico is a total douchebag - interviewed after he blamed Lewis - terrible - he could have just blamed brakes failing, so I hope the stewards nail him. On boards pretty much show he deliberately rams him.

• Like 1

It was really pissing me off that Hamilton had done everything that was asked of him and yet Nico was out in front at the mid stage and then only given a one lap earlier pit stop that got messed up in order to try get by.

How on earth Nico can blame it on Hamilton is beyond me. The onboard footage says it all. If you've just had a brake by wire failure then any normal person would let Hamilton by, but he thought he'd try take him out as well. I was so satisfied watching the red bull and ferrari pass by. 

I'm not a massive Lewis fan, but the amount of class he has in comparison to Nico is insane. 

No one likes being overtaken, but it seemed to me that Nico decided to try to do a Schumacher impression but forgot he hasn't even got the talent to crash properly. 

• Like 1

So yeah - he got a reprimand for driving with a dangerous car (no effect) and a 10sec penalty (no effect). So basically the stewards just told him you can't do that as Lewis was ahead into the corner. He then post this...

what a whinging whining piece of shit.

Was good seeing the drivers struggle to handle business in that race.  Silverstone looks like a proper track, and it makes those look like proper cars too.  Yet again in changeable conditions Rosberg just doesn't have it, he got raped by Hamilton in Monaco and now Verstappen here.

Something about Rosberg's engineer's voice too - when he was telling him the mode to use.  You can just tell he either has or desperately wants to nosh him off at some point.

Similar sour German fanny stuff - Vettel's move on Massa, having cried like a bitch whenever anyone tries one up the inside on him.

• 3 weeks later...

Track Limits. Let's chat.

I'm getting downvoted to shit on Reddit every time I mention this, and I'm wondering whether you lot think it's just as mental.

If you go outside the white lines with all four tyres, you should be given an instant 5 second time penalty. Either at next pit stop or the end of the race. Instantaneous, automatic, everywhere. It's the in the rules, just like the rules say the car has to be a certain wheelbase and the designers have to stick to that.

The thing that comes up a lot when I mention that is that sometimes they already lose time. Tough, this is on top. The other one is that they might be avoiding an accident. Fine, but in that case the driver is deciding that a 5 second penalty is better than running into the accident or stopping on track. That's their decision, so tough. 

Footballers complain, a lot. But you don't see them complaining when the ball goes outside the lines for a corner, goal kick or throw in. You don't see them arguing that there was a player on the floor in front of them acting like he'd been shot and so he had to exceed pitch limits to safely go around him, and they lost pace anyway so it shouldn't apply to them. If f**king footballers can play by a rule, surely F1 drivers can too, right?