Fish-Finger-er

F1

1627 posts in this topic

Yeah I'd been delierately avoiding it, assuming that it would just be some nonsense glitzy crap about how fantastic F1 drivers are but it's actually really quite insightful. I'd hate to think how much Netflix must've paid for the access they've got...

1 person likes this

I suspect it may not have been that much. I think the new (well, not really 'new' new any more) owners actually understand  how social media and audiences work, rather than being some senile twat like Bernie who just wants to add some zeroes to his latest Rolex contract rather than expanding the reach of F1.

It sounds like they've had an appreciable difference in audience numbers that they're attributing to the Netflix boom, so it may be that they've given them access in exchange for drumming up those new viewers. It doesn't really cost F1 anything to have the Netflix guys cruising around at the end of the day. Think the teams have realised that it's good PR for them too, unless you're Williams where they'll film you for the season then use about 3 clips of Claire Williams before she left...

1 person likes this